View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4
Not Ranked     

I've been extremely busy that last six weeks with moving and meeting with the builder and architect designing our new home so I haven't been able to take the car out lately. Last Wednesday, I decided that Thursday was going to be a nice day (after watching the 5 o'clock weather) so I drove the car down and filled it up with gas with the intention of driving it to work on Thursday. While I was filling up with gas, a red Mazda 3 pulled over off the highway and a young lady and her 8 year old some came over and started to drool. She said that she has always loved these cars and wanted to take pictures. I said sure and asked her if she wanted to take photos of her and her son in the car - she did of course. She then said that her husband was going to be so jealous. I asked her were she lived and she said just a couple miles down the road. I told her that if she wanted I could take her son in the car and follow her home where I could give her and her husband a ride. Her eyes lit up. So I followed her home and gave her a ride of her life as soon as we got rid of her son. When we got back, her husband came out of the house and I noticed that he walked with a limp. I also noticed on one of their cars a purple heart license plate. During his ride I asked if he was military (since we live next to Hill Field Air Force Base) and he said that he is disabled purple heart Army Ranger. When we got back he was so appreciative that he invited me and my wife out to dinner with him and his wife and he said that they would pay. Well we went to dinner this past weekend and I paid and told him that that was the least I could do to help repay him for his service. What a great night I had!!!