View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG427 View Post
Guys, good news. It appears the source is the emergency brake interfering with the rotor (not the wheel). I believe the emergency brake caliper spring that keeps the halves separated is scraping the rotor. The spring is loose and can easily make contact with the rotor. I drove the car this afternoon with the emergency brake on the first notch and no sound at all. Of course, I don't like the idea of the emergency brake partially set, but it was barely set and the car could still roll fairly freely.
I'll explore more as it appears this is the source of the issue. Thanks to all the suggestions, your guidance helped me solve the issue. Thanks to ERA 626 in beautiful Danville, CA.

One other issue noted was the brake hose close to the top of the control arm. The picture was taken with full extension of the rear tire. With the tire on and the car on the ground, the hose clears the control arm by a big margin. There is no fraying of the hose.

Thank you again guys. I'm very relieved this issue appears to be close to being cured.
It was a fun 10 mile test ride.
your welcome!!! glad I was able to help...