View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:08 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
If you're using the Knife switch you may want to pick one of these Lucas Harness Smoke Replacement tools. Great for the originality crowd.

Lucas - Prince of Darkness - Lucas Electrical Humor Jokes
You know, the wiring on my Cobra is far and away of higher quality than on my daily drivers. This weekend I spent several hours chasing down, and finally finding, a faulty ground that is relatively notorious in the Jeep world. One headlight had gone out on me, and showed no ground feed at the light. When I ran a quick supplemental ground to the headlight, the dashboard brake light would stay on! When I ran a supplemental ground to the brake fluid sensor switch, I got the brake light to behave normally. Obviously my bandaid fixes were not the final solution and there was a sneaky ground issue somewhere. When I finally found the answer on a Jeep forum it was a faulty ground in a nine-wire ground bundle to the frame that fails invisibly up from the crimp. From the outside it looked absolutely fine and you couldn't wiggle it to produce any tell-tale effects. But when you cut it open, the connections would literally crumble in your hand.