View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 10:26 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpjb View Post
amazingly the 2008 and the 2019 registries tell completely different stories about 2049, being curios which story the 2029 edition will tell....
I had pointed out that the 1987 and 2008 registries told different stories too.

However from following this thread, it seems that the guy who has the title, does not have the original frame and most likely has no other parts from the original car left, so what exactly will make his eventual "restoration" of CSX 2049 worth any more than the car in Europe, which did not use any part of the original frame either?

In the end, if the guy with the title is really just going to do is buy a Kirham (or an AC Brooklands or something similar) and "restore" that into CSX 2049 with his title, I am not really sure that is really worth any more than having a really nice Cobra replica without the CSX 2049 serial number. I guess someone will be willing to pay a bit of a premium for the serial number attached to a nice replica, but how much of a premium would someone pay?