View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
Why the open animosity?
I at least put a smiley on some of my sceptical statements.

I go back and forth on which way I think about this and I have proposed scenarios that could have your father owning the car that fit in with the paperwork we have seen. It seems that if there is anything that contradicts your memories that you tend to think that a forgery or a hoax is involved. You seem quick to suggest that Muth Ford could be photoshopped on those pictures if it does not fit your memory, so if there is a newspaper article that contradicts your memories, would you think the newspaper article is some sort of hoax as well?

I may check out the newspapers.com site, but it looks like I have to sign up for a free trial to do so. I get enough junk email already without signing up for a free trial to some website.

So if there is a newspaper article from April of 1963 that says that CSX2049 was Al Abidin's car, would that contradict your memory of the situation? It seems that you don't think the Abidin family ever had anything to do with the car. Is it possible that you father purchased the car from the Abidin family sometime between April and August of 1963? At what date in 1963 do you think your father acquired the car? Would that date contradict the April 1963 newspaper article or not?

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 12-01-2021 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: sPeling