View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX 3970: 1965 427 Cobra S/C, Shelby aluminum 427 CSX 290 (468 cu in) engine
Not Ranked     

I like the looks of Ernie's pineapple juice still, but first back to the Contemporary question. I am the second owner of my machine and have done a fair amount of work on it over the past three years, so I have gained some knowledge on just how good a car it is. I initially purchased it because of its reputation of being well built and the detail work being close to the original. Being one of the last Contemporaries built, it had many improvements, including chassis stiffening and four wheel coil overs. After three months I broke the 390 FE motor, so it now sports a Shelby 427, large spline top loader and upgraded XKE suspension, including Watts linkage. While there are a number of good Cobra replicas out there, I am still pleased with my choice. If I would have had the bucks, I probably would have gone with a Kirkham. My next choice would've been an ERA, probably an FIA. But every time I fire up my beast, I still get that special thrill! Rich