Old 06-02-2008, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427" 351W
Not Ranked     
Default flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
I would like to know more about the cooling efficiency and results from extended duration hi-load dyno runs for street & circuit type race use . Drag race results of limited duration prove the porting & flow rates are good. Actual water jacket volume & coolant surface area appear to be minimal if they are indeed cut from a one piece solid billet.
The chamber size is about 52cc. depending of what valves are used. The valves on the current configuration are 2.250 intake and 1.625 exhaust.
The flows are slightly over 400 cfm on the intake and nearly 290 on the exhaust.
A quote from Chuck H. "I have applied for a patent on the water jacket design so I don't want to discuss it in detail. I will be running an engine with these heads in a "Streetable" Fox body mustang this month. I will be able to discuss the efficiency of the water jacket after that. One note though is the wrought "Billet" material is more dense than cast material and will transfer heat more readily. Another benefit is the material is more easily repaired should a piston fail or other problems occur."

I hope this answers your question.