Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   AC Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/)
-   -   AC Cobra Gauges (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/118099-ac-cobra-gauges.html)

stefan h 11-27-2012 11:39 AM

AC Cobra Gauges

Hi someone that can help me with the correct size (body diameter) of the gauges such as tachometer and speedometer. I suppose the small ones are 52mm.
I am trying to find as "original replicas" as possible here from Sweden, and they needs to be metric Kmh, bar, celcius etc. I looked if Autometer have but they seems to be small.
Thanks, Stefan

mrmustang 11-27-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan h (Post 1220550)
Hi someone that can help me with the correct size (body diameter) of the gauges such as tachometer and speedometer. I suppose the small ones are 52mm.
I am trying to find as "original replicas" as possible here from Sweden, and they needs to be metric Kmh, bar, celcius etc. I looked if Autometer have but they seems to be small.
Thanks, Stefan

Contact

Nisonger Instruments

They should be able to assist you in getting the proper metric set up for your car.

Bill S.

Mother 11-27-2012 12:53 PM

Smiths guages are available from Europa England. The gauges are in Metric or, American Standard. When you buy the Guages from Europa England, on the guage face is printed "Made in UK'

mickmate 11-27-2012 01:18 PM

Gauges are 52 and 100 mm.

stefan h 11-28-2012 11:42 AM

:)Thank you everybody, now I know the correct size and will try to contact Nisonger. I do not like the "Made in UK" sign so much.

James Stern 11-28-2012 01:22 PM

Try Speedhut. They will put anything you want on the gauges.:LOL:

stefan h 11-29-2012 12:20 PM

Thanks James, looked at their homepage so I will contact them as well.

stefan h 11-30-2012 10:43 AM

Believe Speedhut will be the solution :), enjoy the week end

James Stern 11-30-2012 01:51 PM

They worked well for me. They seem to be having a Christmas sale now.:3DSMILE:

stefan h 01-07-2013 11:55 AM

I got my Speedhut Gauges, excellent and nice design. Thanks for the advise.
Now does somebody have a blueprint or measurement of how to locate them on the dash? I know this is very individual but I want to come as close to the original as I can.

James Stern 01-07-2013 01:30 PM

Stefan, There are a lot of pics of original Cobras on this site. There are also great pics of the instrument cluster on the cobra country web site.

Jim

justcobra 01-07-2013 01:32 PM

Smith Guages

I bought a seven guage set(with senders ) from Europa Spares in October 2012 for under $1000 landed when the Uk to Australia dollar was good.

Europa offers a very good service and ships world wide
These guages down under cost upto $1500.

These guages are all Metric and manufactured in Wales UK.

All retailers and distributors world wide sought these authentic replica Smith"s AC cobra guages from this Wales Manufacturer.

All retailers and distributors have got a mark up to 50 per cent depending on their buying power/pricing structure.

stefan h 01-08-2013 12:11 PM

Thank you for the reply, I will look for some good pick at this website. The difficult is to know which are the original 427 location or not.

I know Europa Spares, have already bougth soma other parts from them.
Enjoy the day

mickmate 01-08-2013 02:33 PM

Stefan do you want Competition dash layout or a street car (with the glovebox) ??
Cockpit & Interior : Acton Custom Enterprises, Custom Metal for Cobras

adricar1 01-08-2013 11:11 PM

I may as i live in the uk be able to help with the gauges, i bought mine direct from the manufacturer here in the uk , so may be able to do a better price. You never know?

stefan h 01-09-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmate (Post 1226395)
Stefan do you want Competition dash layout or a street car (with the glovebox) ??
Cockpit & Interior : Acton Custom Enterprises, Custom Metal for Cobras

The Comp one will be my taste, this is the one I like with the speedo in center and the four switches around it.
Thank you very much

stefan h 01-09-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adricar1 (Post 1226447)
I may as i live in the uk be able to help with the gauges, i bought mine direct from the manufacturer here in the uk , so may be able to do a better price. You never know?

Thank you very much for your offer, but I have already bougth the Gauges from Speedhut. They are excellent.
But if you have that kind of contacts I will need a windscreen assy later. If so maybe you can send me an e-mail

stefan h 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

The Comp