Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   AC Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/)
-   -   Registering a Replica in Tennessee (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/143186-registering-replica-tennessee.html)

Garth Libre 01-20-2020 10:45 AM

Registering a Replica in Tennessee

The car I will buy is currently registered as a 1965 replica in S. Carolina. Will there be problems transferring the title to me here in Tennessee as a replica?

Garth from Apison near Chattanooga

spdbrake 01-20-2020 11:43 AM

I'm interested in any info you come up with. I may be moving to Chattanooga soon.

Topfuelhydro 01-20-2020 03:25 PM

Should be no issues at all.

Steven

Garth Libre 01-20-2020 05:11 PM

You should love Chattanooga. The mountain roads are curvy and interesting and the highways are rarely congested. I live in Apison 15 miles from Chattanooga and the drivers are polite and attentive. To be honest, crappy inattentive driving is impossible on most of the country and mountain roads as there are usually no shoulders and straight line driving is a rarity.

bill37341 01-20-2020 05:48 PM

Garth- i live in Harrison, a couple of miles west. I built a "scratch" Cobra, and had very little trouble registering it. I had no MSO, only receipts for fiberglass, steel etc. My motor is a '65, and emissions don't apply. The year of your motor determines emissions requirements in Hamilton county. We have a very active Cobra club here, And we invite you to our weekly meetings. We meet every Monday at 6pm. On 1-27 we will be at Amigo's Mexican Restaurant , at Island Cove Marina. We use the private dining room to the right as you walk in. Please join us. Bill

Garth Libre 01-21-2020 06:10 AM

The engine on the car I'm looking at is a brand new one , a GT 40 aluminum head from Ford Racing. Won't this pose a problem in registering it?

Garth Libre 01-21-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdbrake (Post 1471143)
I'm interested in any info you come up with. I may be moving to Chattanooga soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill37341 (Post 1471151)
Garth- i live in Harrison, a couple of miles west. I built a "scratch" Cobra, and had very little trouble registering it. I had no MSO, only receipts for fiberglass, steel etc. My motor is a '65, and emissions don't apply. The year of your motor determines emissions requirements in Hamilton county. We have a very active Cobra club here, And we invite you to our weekly meetings. We meet every Monday at 6pm. On 1-27 we will be at Amigo's Mexican Restaurant , at Island Cove Marina. We use the private dining room to the right as you walk in. Please join us. Bill

Can I bring my wife and son next Monday night? Will there be enough room?

bill37341 01-21-2020 05:11 PM

Bring your wife and son. Usually we have 8-25 for dinner. Guest count is usually about 30% wives, As far as registering the car, what year does your title say? If before 1975, probably no problem. We can discuss Monday. Bill.

Varmit 01-23-2020 08:10 AM

I just move to Tellico Lake in Loudon, Tn. I'll be registering my Superformance the first few days of Feb Hopefully it will not be a problem