Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   AC Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/)
-   -   Serpent Express- Reviews (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-cobra/84006-serpent-express-reviews.html)

Borr 11-22-2007 07:12 AM

Serpent Express- Reviews

I was looking on line for various covered trailers for my cobra. Has anyone purchased a serpent express. I like the idea of a low profile trailer so that I can get it into my garage. HOA will not allow this to sit in the driveway. I want to pull behind an F-150 (5.8L). Feedback is appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

lamaluv 11-22-2007 07:38 AM

Borr,

I've had my Serpent Express for a couple of years and like it very much. I pull mine with a Dodge 1500 that has the small 318 V8 and have no problems. On the Interstate it will pull at a steady 80 with the Cobra in the trailer and the cruise control set. I also like the ability to take the cover off and haul my old Ford 8N tractor when needed.

Dick

ENTDOC 11-22-2007 07:39 AM

I have one that the new owner is picking up tomorrow. It is night and day difference in towing one of these compared to a conventional enclosed trailer. I got rid of my 20ft enclosed simply because it was a pain to hitch up and tow. The serpent can be towed easily with a F150 or mid size SUV and crosswinds are much less of an issue so you do not need sway bars. There is a compromise on inside room of course, however the design makes it easy to tie down your car from the outside with the ability to open the front. Perfect for a cobra.

double ugly 11-22-2007 07:50 AM

Ditto. The only time you notice you have a trailer behind you is when you try using the center rear view mirror.
John

Chuck R 11-22-2007 12:34 PM

A few years ago I converted an open Carson car hauler to a Serpant Express. I have three car trailer and the Serpant gets used the most. It tows like it is not even there. On longer hauls my fuel cost is about half of using the bigger trailers.
http://www.serpentexpress.com/images/SE_Chuck_R.jpg

Borr 11-22-2007 04:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback. This could be in my future!

Bobby

sfkmp 11-24-2007 09:11 PM

Is someone selling these things yet full time? If not...seems like a market.

Barnsnake 11-24-2007 09:46 PM

Check the left side of the screen. He's an advertiser here.
http://www.serpentexpress.com/

Tony Radford 11-25-2007 05:40 AM

I can personally attest to the fact that a lot of effort went into the original design concept as well as four years of refinement that has resulted in the current product. This trailer was designed around a Cobra and is configured to make loading, unloading and securing as easy as possible. Contact Larry and talk to him. He's passionate about the product.

Larry N Johnson 11-25-2007 09:11 AM

SE Reviews

For more Serpent Express reviews, see SE Owners Gallery:)

Cracker 11-27-2007 06:16 AM

TR - Kudos to YOU for having the VISION and a thumbs up to Larry for the PASSION!

ERA2188 11-27-2007 06:27 AM

Where can you rent a Serpent Express??

Terry Stapley 11-27-2007 11:07 AM

I have had a Serpent Express for 2 years and I pull it with a F-150 5.4 and it tows like no other!! As Double Ugly stated you hardly even know it is there!!
I was a very good investment!!

double ugly 11-27-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA2188
Where can you rent a Serpent Express??

If you lived in AZ. you could "borrow" mine. :)
John

dave from mesa 11-27-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double ugly
If you lived in AZ. you could "borrow" mine. :)
John

And how long could one "borrow" it.
You gonna make the Xmas party. Find me and we will talk.

double ugly 11-27-2007 04:44 PM

Hopefully we'll be there. How long do you need it?
John

dave from mesa 11-27-2007 05:25 PM

Not really sure. We'll talk if you make it there.