Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   AC MKIV (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-mkiv/)
-   -   AC MKIV Shock/Ride Height problem (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ac-mkiv/142603-ac-mkiv-shock-ride-height-problem.html)

LonzCllns 07-26-2019 10:01 AM

AC MKIV Shock/Ride Height problem

Several years ago I replaced the shocks on my MKIV since the old ones were leaking. I used Spax G953 on the front and G952 on the rear and reused the orginal springs. The spring adjustment ring is as low as it will go but the ride height is still 1-2" too high on three corners and 2-3" on the right front. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? The only thing I can think of is cutting and removing a coil from the springs.

1985 CCX 07-26-2019 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just lowered my rears and they seem to be close (side to side) after adjustment.
Maybe its a spring sagging issue?
Never cut springs, they are cheap get new ones. Maybe drop the rate as that will drop the car.

I spun my rear down to about 1" from bottom, car sits good for now as I plan to change to 15" soon. On a previous car I dropped the spring rate and that alone dropped the car 2".

Mark IV 07-26-2019 01:39 PM

Lonnie,

I agree with Jeff, don't cut, replace! You can find springs at several sources from Summit to Speedway Motors.

1985 CCX 01-16-2021 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know it’s an old thread. Wanted to share the recent look (Covid summer) with spun down shocks and Goodyear Powercushion installed.
One of the last rides I had with Max before his departure for USMC.

My feeling is adjustment is possible as these cars are very much like MKIII.

Mach 1 Fan 01-17-2021 12:54 PM

Great photo of you and Max. Best of luck at Paris Island.

Michael