Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Advertisers Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/advertisers-forum/)
-   -   ERA Cobra For Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/advertisers-forum/141203-era-cobra-sale.html)

paul55 07-12-2018 09:16 AM

ERA Cobra For Sale

This is as close to a real AC Cobra as it gets! Built by ERA, this car has an original Weber carb set-up that runs great. Bullet-proof top loader 4sp. backs it up. Jaguar XKE susp. front & rear, with R&P steering. Complete drivetrain, including the rearend has had a recent complete rebuild. Has GT-40 wheels and BFG tires. This car is a top-quality, professional build that features a custom wiring harness, custom-built headers/exhaust, and original Shelby Cobra emblems. The dash has been signed by Shelby, himself!! This car runs/drives and functions as it should. Car comes with a top and tonneau cover, extra set of chrome wire wheels, chrome bumpers and all paperwork/documentation. Car has been driven and used, and shows a few road scars, but is still in excellent cond. Interior is very nice, with no rips or tears. Also has a custom 16.5 gal. gas tank for driving long distance. Blast to drive!! $45k OBO Email- pladclark@sbcglobal.net or 586-757-5683

Have many pics!

Karl Bebout 07-12-2018 05:44 PM

What is the ERA #? What is the body style: 427SC, 427 street, 289 FIA, Slabside? SBF, BBF? IDA, IDF, 44s, 48s? What color, leather or vinyl? Inboard, or outboard IRS?

patrickt 07-12-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul55 (Post 1448075)
Also has a custom 16.5 gal. gas tank for driving long distance....

Well, I guess 150 miles is a long distance... if you have to walk it.:LOL:

Alfa02 07-12-2018 11:33 PM

I spoke with Paul today. The Cobra is near Detroit Mi. The quickest way to see the car, it's on Craigslist out of said area. mileage is around 22K. Is selling for a older friend. So we know the reasoning for the sale, ingress, and egress. He said, his friend is the the only owner, car was built 1982, early, early ERA? Believed to be car 21??? You ERA guy's can add more?

xb-60 07-12-2018 11:46 PM

This is it...

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/c...641312577.html

patrickt 07-13-2018 05:08 AM

Assuming there's nothing mechanically wrong with the car, that's a very nice deal.:cool:

Karl Bebout 07-13-2018 08:34 AM

I'm thinking I'd want to peel off a few dozen stickers to see if any are hiding severe road rash.

Notice the bolt on wheels?

RodKnock 07-13-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1448109)
Assuming there's nothing mechanically wrong with the car, that's a very nice deal.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul55 (Post 1448075)
This is as close to a real AC Cobra as it gets!

What a deal for “as close as it gets.” :rolleyes:

It’s a “cream puff.”

“Se habla espanol.”

“Priced to move today. Bring your checkbook and your wife.”

vntgspd 07-13-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Bebout (Post 1448117)
I'm thinking I'd want to peel off a few dozen stickers to see if any are hiding severe road rash.

Notice the bolt on wheels?

I was thinking the same thing about the stickers until I started seeing them everywhere. Couple hours with a blow dryer and it will do wonders...even if there are scratches underneath! :LOL:

Bolt on wheels are very common on these older cars. Those are PS Engineering wheels which are very light and well made. MUCH lighter than the Halibrand pin drives on my current car. Lacking the "cool" factor though. :cool:

Could be a great driver for someone to enjoy without obsessing over it.

DanEC 07-13-2018 03:13 PM

I would say the price is right if everything is in good shape. it's a small block car and not many 427 ERAs were built with small blocks so that's going to take it down a peg.