Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Examining the Shelby Daytona Coupe - DHD tonight! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/101332-examining-shelby-daytona-coupe-dhd-tonight.html)

1985 CCX 12-06-2009 05:43 PM

Examining the Shelby Daytona Coupe - DHD tonight!

Examining the Shelby Daytona Coupe and its history!

Tonight on Discovery HD.........9pm

Mooch 12-06-2009 06:24 PM

And again at midnight.

ZOERA-SC7XX 12-06-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1007377)
Examining the Shelby Daytona Coupe and its history!

Tonight on Discovery HD.........9pm

It re-airs at midnight if you missed it.

computerworks 12-06-2009 06:42 PM

Actually, it will be repeated all week...

http://dhd.discovery.com/tv-schedule...710.128157.0.0

Don 12-06-2009 09:09 PM

HDTV: " America's Greatest Race Car "

TV Schedule:

" The History of the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Racecar, from its creation through its sale in May 2009 at Mecum in Indianapolis. This will set a record for public sale of an American car at $8.5 to $12 million "

http://dhd.discovery.com/tv-schedule...710.128157.0.0

http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/programm...9&a=1260151200

khansmith 12-07-2009 05:49 AM

I watched it this morning. It was really cool to see all those historic folks talking about their experience with this amazing car. Man...Enzo was one sneaky dude! Now I want to build a daytona!

John Simonson 12-07-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khansmith (Post 1007482)
I watched it this morning. It was really cool to see all those historic folks talking about their experience with this amazing car. Man...Enzo was one sneaky dude! Now I want to build a daytona!

Should have had the title in 1964 but Enzo did not want to lose on his home turf so it became a non-points race. But without Enzo getting the rules changed to allow the re-body of the chassis, we would not have been able to beat him in the first place with the Cobra's. 1965 was a good year.

It was a real informative show.
I like the transporter that they used for the cars.
I just have to edit the commercials out and transfer to a DVD.......

Don 12-08-2009 07:05 AM

From the BRE e-mail distribution:

" It's been pretty exciting around here since the Daytona Cobra Coupe documentary aired last night. We appreciate your mails and calls sharing what you liked best about the show. More show times are listed below as well as other details.

We hope you enjoy the holiday season. We feel very blessed to be a part of your celebrations. "

Gayle and Peter Brock
BRE

"America's Greatest Race Car"
HD Theater Creates First Documentary on Daytona Coupes

In May of this year, a documentary was filmed which was intended to showcase the auctioning of CSX2601 at Indy, interspersed with interviews of Peter Brock and Bob Bondurant.

The inside story is that when the car did not sell at Indy, the show as planned didn't work as the ending was quite anti-climactic. The show was reconsidered and as the interviews were so interesting and the car was so stunning, filmed in HD in a studio across the street from the Indy track, Discovery decided to do a full documentary on the Daytona Coupes, with the auction as a backdrop. The title being: "America's Greatest Race Car".

The show first aired Monday night on the HD Theater channel (if you don't know what channel this is on your TV, call your cable or satellite provider or look it up on their website). Future airings will occur: Sat 12/12 4am ET and 7am ET. Sun 12/13 1pm ET. Sat 12/19 1pm ET.

We are working with Discovery (the owners of the HD Theater channel) to have a DVD of the show created and made available. We will keep you posted and in the meantime, set your DVRs!

LuvDaBlues 12-08-2009 07:38 AM

It was a very nice presentation. To bad our pal Mr. Shelby wasn't a part of it, for what ever reason. No matter what our personal opinions of him are, the man was a HUGE force back then. A Texas farm boy who can push the buttons of an international icon....... ridiculously great!

It was also great to see Mr. Brock get the spot light!!!

And the featured car has probably never been that shiny in it's entire life time. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

rodneym 12-08-2009 10:03 AM

Nice shots

I think the documentary was well done. But man, HD on the big screen!
Those interviews in the studio, the detail and color looked so damn good.
I've had HD for a year and this was the first time I really noticed the advantage.

Jamo 12-08-2009 10:10 AM

Badger...muy goodo.

CoupedUp 12-08-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 1007931)
Badger...muy goodo.

Ditto on the muy goodo.

Randy Rosenberg 12-08-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupedUp (Post 1007975)
Ditto on the muy goodo.

Ditto, ditto... MUY GOODO!!!

twobjshelbys 12-13-2009 07:15 PM

Lots of topics on this subject. I finally got a chance to watch it today. Even the co-pilot and daughter thought it was interesting.

It was particularly relevant since I was at the Shelby American Collection last week with Bondurant, Grant, Remington, et. al. Quite a bunch!