Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   SAAC-35- 8/27-29- Preview (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/106229-saac-35-8-27-29-preview.html)

computerworks 08-19-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJCobra (Post 1072588)
Thanks Ron- Is walk up registration the only way to register now?

Jason

I just checked with the Registration crew... they said they will accept pre-registrations via FAX until Monday midday.

The last page of the attachment in my original post has a form...print it out and fax it in soon.

computerworks 08-19-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excaliber (Post 1072624)
Rumors of Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear gang bringing a "bloody ripper" of a car are greatly exaggerated, I'm pretty sure... :)

I don't know if that's true...but I do think I saw a sales order for blueberry pies when I was last at SAAC HQ offices. :eek:

badrich 08-19-2010 01:52 PM

Ron: I'm planning on joining the crew for the Thursday cruise to the coast. A beautiful drive. Any dinner plans during/after? I'll be staying at a friend's place close to Sears Point Thursday and Friday evenings. Rich

computerworks 08-19-2010 02:25 PM

Rich...nothing official planned for Thursday...

Talk to Earl (his e-mail in the Cruise preview post) and see if there has been any discussion about an after-cruise meal or get-together.

computerworks 08-20-2010 06:58 AM

No comments necessary for this picture.... :3DSMILE:

Excaliber 08-20-2010 07:09 AM

Wow, thanks for that weather up-date, I was a bit worried. We recently had a 104 degree day here. The very next day, in the morning, we had rain and HAIL!!! News reports said it was a freak storm, but HAIL??? I was astonished, being used to consistent Hawaii weather I'm not adapting all that well. :)

Paul F 08-20-2010 07:37 AM

It's paradise, but somebody has to live here....:p

Actually, it's been a crappy summer. Relatively cool. More like Seattle weather than Sonoma weather. The grape growers are having issues with grape rot.

Don DePontee 08-26-2010 01:49 PM

I have a friend who is bringing the Cobra I built for him as well as a Ford GT and is looking to park in the cobra corral with all the other cobras. What does he need to do or who does he talk to?
Don

Got the Bug 08-26-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don DePontee (Post 1074250)
I have a friend who is bringing the Cobra I built for him as well as a Ford GT and is looking to park in the cobra corral with all the other cobras. What does he need to do or who does he talk to?
Don

Check out post #13 of this thread. It looks like he'll need to go through the walk up registration process.

From computerworks:

"The Paddock will have a special parking area for certain groups, including ClubCobra members.

When you check in at registration to pick up your badge (or to register as a "walk-up"), tell them you are from Club Cobra and they will give you a special Paddock Parking Pass. We are trying to keep this only for Cobra and specialty cars, Mustang, etc., not valid for other "daily drivers." "

Cobra #3170 08-30-2010 07:56 PM

Time to buy a Lotto ticket!
I attended SAAC 35 and had a great time, a very well run event with lots of track time.
I did have a problem however, every time I took my car out I would warm the tires for about 1 1/2 laps and then get after it, at high throttle angles in 3rd and 4th gears the car was shaking so much that it was blurring my vision so I would come in after 5-6 laps. On Saturday I went out again and the car was a little worse, at any rate after the first session the car would not go into gear with out grinding. I checked the travel and bled the slave but got no improvement. I decided to skip the second session and just go out one more time in the 3rd session on Saturday. Several people commented that I looked like I was afraid of the car, I told them that yes I was! In the 3rd session I really got after it and used most of the available HP on the straights to prove that I could handle the vibration, ran 6 laps and came in. Fortunately this really stupid move was not rewarded with a major failure. When I checked the system today I found that the flywheel had a crack all the way though one of the six spokes going to the clutch drive pins. When the clutch was depressed the clutch deflected away from the throwout bearing and would thus not disengage. The morale of the story, when something seems not right, it isn't, so stop what you are doing. I am such a dope for running but it was so tempting I went anyway, never again!
Another rather interesting fact, my car was using 1 gallon of fuel per lap and it isn't fat in the mixture department, I went out six times and used 40 gallons of fuel in about 40 laps.