Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Ironman Kirkham Now on eBay (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/113940-ironman-kirkham-now-ebay.html)

RodKnock 01-11-2012 09:26 AM

Ironman Kirkham Now on eBay

No affiliation, but RestoCreations has his Ironman Kirkham Cobra for sale on eBay with a BIN of $135,000:

Other Makes Other Makes | eBay

Best of luck with the sale. :)

tcrist 01-11-2012 11:47 AM

Is that $ what a good quality KMS actually would sell for? For me, the Ironman thing means nothing and adds nothing to the value, since it was never in the movie.

RodKnock 01-11-2012 12:17 PM

Every time I see a car advertised as "once been owned by", I always think about this old Seinfeld episode:

ACademic 01-11-2012 01:26 PM

Once again, some folks are more into the build than the ownership experience. Surprised, but not surprised.

RestoCreations 01-11-2012 01:55 PM

I have it for sale on this forum as well. I never intended to keep the car for my own personal use.

Tcrist-to each his own and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I didnt think it would take long for the negative comments to start.

rodneym 01-11-2012 02:12 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I remember RestoC being upfront about selling it when complete.
I've enjoyed the process and my son got into it as well. Thanks!

RestoC, don't you think it would be a good idea to put a car like this on the auction block?
Thoughts?

Dimis 01-11-2012 02:13 PM

Still cheaper than an alu CSX, and for me, certainly more desirable.

Well done Chris on a great build!
Good luck with the sale.

RestoCreations 01-11-2012 02:32 PM

I'm considering it, but you must register several months in advance in order to get a good spot and to receive the publicity necessary to promote the car.

I don't expect the car to sell on ebay, but i thought it might be a good place to initially start advertising it.

RodKnock 01-11-2012 02:37 PM

Maybe one of the Monterey auctions in August? They will be honoring the Cobra this year. Close to Hollywood, sorta.

csx4910 01-11-2012 02:38 PM

Cobra country by far the best website to get top dollar for a cobra! My SPF sold in less than 2 weeks for full price after spending over a month for sale in this forum

tcrist 01-11-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RestoCreations (Post 1170254)
I have it for sale on this forum as well. I never intended to keep the car for my own personal use.

Tcrist-to each his own and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I didnt think it would take long for the negative comments to start.

Not meant to be a negative comment. Just my personal opinion (as you stated). If you took my comment personally, I apologize.

xlr8or 01-11-2012 03:51 PM

You did a great job documenting the build. Good luck on the sale.

Jamo 01-11-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1170265)
Maybe one of the Monterey auctions in August? They will be honoring the Cobra this year. Close to Hollywood, sorta.

If it doesn't sell before...assolutely excellent idea!

RestoCreations 01-12-2012 11:37 AM

I've been asked if i would like to put the car on the show auction hunters. I have never seen the show, so i have no idea if they do reserve auctions, if they bring in high rollers, etc.
Any thoughts?

RodKnock 01-12-2012 12:14 PM

I've never heard of the show, but most or all of those shows seem to be bargain-based. About the only show that seems to want to publicize high prices is Wayne Carini's "Chasing Classic Cars." And you obviously don't need him to help auction your Cobra.

madmaxx 01-12-2012 04:11 PM

Don't waste ur time. They will offer 25k. Cobra country

QUOTE=RestoCreations;1170437]I've been asked if i would like to put the car on the show auction hunters. I have never seen the show, so i have no idea if they do reserve auctions, if they bring in high rollers, etc.
Any thoughts?[/quote]

RestoCreations 01-13-2012 07:12 AM

Yeah, i looked into the show last night and all i can say is, well, nothing positive.