Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   CMC/Street Beast Instructions? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/123050-cmc-street-beast-instructions.html)

BoatBuilder3 10-17-2013 10:33 AM

CMC/Street Beast Instructions?

I am looking for the CMC/Street Beast Cobra instructions that came with the kit. I know that the instruction manual is less than stellar, but I would like to find one for my documentation/reference. If anyone can help me, that would be awesome. Any documentation on the kit would be happily accepted.

mdross1 10-18-2013 03:14 AM

PM sent.

40k Later 01-27-2014 02:09 AM

The Manual is pretty bad I have to admit, I had the most success when I set it aside and just put the car together. If you need it still I can dig mine out and send it to you

52chevyred 01-27-2014 02:52 PM

BoatBuilder3: there are plenty of SB folks on Club Cobra, which can help with questions. I suggest you check out Okieguys Main Welcome Page They have pictures of their build from start to finish. I don't suggest the "adding 1" metal to the top of the frame, like they did: just complicated a lot of things. The rest was good & was helpful to me. Also "Fast Cars & Guitars" on YouTube has great video clips of his build from start to finish.

You "probably" will find some problems that make you scratch your head, but one thing I learned in an over four year build: if ONE (SB) has a problem, they ALL have the same problem, because "they" never changed anything at the factory. It's the "solution" you chose that makes the difference.

One example for me: the back of the car was "high" (not touching the frame, about an inch). After cutting the trunk out, lowering & re-Glassing, about a week later, "Pete" with Hot Cars posted where he cut a small "pie shape" on the frame: problem solved. That tip, a week earlier would have saved me several thousand dollars.

I put mine in a lot of car shows now and have won "Best of Show", several times. You may get "discouraged" at times, but there will be a solution for your problems. Good Luck!

52chevyred 01-28-2014 06:37 AM

Pete's YouTube page is Petes Hotrods now. He has videos from "ordering the kit" to finish. I believe he can be helpful. His voice drives me up the wall, but the info is good.

66Cobra_JAC 06-20-2021 07:54 PM

I have the manual in pdf for street beast. Check out my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/649115519161320/

Dwight 06-21-2021 06:57 PM

"I know that the instruction manual is less than stellar,"

that is a gross understatement.

I have a Streetbeast manual it's worthless.