Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Car Cover Experiences (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/132186-car-cover-experiences.html)

MParrott 01-14-2015 10:31 AM

Car Cover Experiences

I've never had to deal with a car cover, because I've never had a car that needed one. Now, I do.

I've seen some on ebay and in catalogs, but I really don't know how to pick.

I'm sure I could benefit greatly from your experiences good, and bad.

What should I be looking for? What should I avoid?

I know I want one that locks.

hawk 325 01-14-2015 10:46 AM

I have used the ones from California car cover company, they have a selection of different materials depending on what you want. I also use the car cover hold downs from classic industry if I have the cover on outside.

kevins2 01-14-2015 11:38 AM

Yes, CA car covers Custom Fit Car Covers and More - California Car Cover - Free Shipping

Lots of info on their website.

mrmustang 01-14-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevins2 (Post 1335066)
Yes, CA car covers Custom Fit Car Covers and More - California Car Covers

Lots of info on their website.

When you call, let them know what kit you have, and which rollbar configuration you have, they have most in their system and can whip them out pretty quickly.

Bill S.

mjl 01-14-2015 12:06 PM

I Have one from California Car Cover and it does the job!

Rjw289 01-14-2015 05:55 PM

California Car Covers are good. Griots Garage has good Cobra covers as well.

PhoneGuy 01-15-2015 04:03 AM

I ordered mine from Car Cover Wolrd. I called them first and had them send me a sample/swatch of each type of cover and that really helped me decide which cover to go with. I think it all depends on when or where you plan on using the cover. I went with a fabric that has a flannel lining because I am only using the cover inside the garage.

davecobra 01-15-2015 08:05 AM

California car cover for me also, I got the 4 layer version that is water resistant, works great in the rain.
I have used it at the cobra meet and other venues when it rained or heavy dew, real nice.
David

Detroit Bill 01-15-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy (Post 1335198)
I ordered mine from Car Cover Wolrd. I called them first and had them send me a sample/swatch of each type of cover and that really helped me decide which cover to go with. I think it all depends on when or where you plan on using the cover. I went with a fabric that has a flannel lining because I am only using the cover inside the garage.

any chance of seeing an installed shot?

azsprint6 01-15-2015 09:03 AM

Cover

1 Attachment(s)
Someone posted this E-bay cover on CC so I thought I'd give it a try.
Ultimate HD 5 Layer Car cover AC Cobra Shelby Roadster.
Fit is good, 5 layers, waterproof, cable lock and 75 bucks shipped.
Sorry about the huge pic.

MParrott 01-15-2015 09:33 AM

i will be using the cover in the garage, and occasionally to lock the car up outdoors when on a trip.

PhoneGuy 01-15-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroit Bill (Post 1335240)
any chance of seeing an installed shot?

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7ffbee1d.jpg

Detroit Bill 01-16-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy (Post 1335376)

That looks good is it specifically for a factory 5 car. Is that what you have?

PhoneGuy 01-16-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroit Bill (Post 1335442)
That looks good is it specifically for a factory 5 car. Is that what you have?

Hi Bill, yes I have a FFR and the cover fits like a glove. Kinda pricey, but aren't most good quality items...