Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Cleveland Headers (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/137512-cleveland-headers.html)

CraftEngines 11-09-2016 07:08 PM

Cleveland Headers

Who would you guys recomend for custom headers for Cobras? We have a customer interested in a Clevelor build for his Cobra, but of course is concerened with finding someone to build the headers. This is a 2009 Superformance that currently has a 347 in it. Told him I would do a little research to see what you guys may recommend. For what it is worth he is on the east coast.

Thanks in Advance
Lance

Bill D 11-09-2016 07:12 PM

Stainless Headers

Custom stainless and mild steel headers fabricated by Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc.

blykins 11-10-2016 02:38 AM

I use Zemco Speed in Pennsylvania for custom headers. You would have to give them dimensions but they make all our dyno headers. Excellent work.

joyridin' 11-10-2016 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill D (Post 1408293)

To the best of my knowledge, they do not make custom headers anymore. When I called, they sent me to this place which was opened by 2 guys that worked at Stainless headers. They built my headers and did a great job. Apparently they are right down the road from each other.

GPHeaders Inc. | Stainless Steel Exhaust Headers

YerDugliness 11-10-2016 05:38 AM

This is an issue with which I will need to deal eventually, as I foresee a Clevor in my not-too-distant future...so I have a question:

It seems that with the differences between various replicas, designing and building a set of headers must require that the car be onsite so the headers can be custom-fit to the specific replica's dimensions. For example, the 5.0 small block in my replica is mounted with the engine well forward of the firewall...yet I see photos of others with the rear of the block almost touching the firewall.

Is this correct, or could a set of carefully guided measurements serve to eliminate the need for the replica to be left onsite?

Cheers!!

Dugly :cool:

Bill D 11-10-2016 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1408302)
To the best of my knowledge, they do not make custom headers anymore. When I called, they sent me to this place which was opened by 2 guys that worked at Stainless headers. They built my headers and did a great job. Apparently they are right down the road from each other.

You're are correct. I plan to use them to make my headers soon

CraftEngines 11-10-2016 12:04 PM

We use Schoenfeld (Located in Arkansas) for our dyno headers, but of course for this they would need the car. Was just curious if there may be someone a little closer for him.

Bill D 11-10-2016 12:54 PM

You can mockup the headers using Ice mockup pieces, then send the mockup to GP in MN where they'll fabricate them formyou

YerDugliness 11-10-2016 01:55 PM

GREAT idea...thanks!

Cheers, Bill!

Dugly :cool:

Ace23 11-10-2016 02:14 PM

Lance,
Give GP headers a call in Minnesota. They just built me a set of 1 7/8" ceramic coated headers for my 427 windsor that you just finished the machine work on. My car is a Superformance but I have the TRX1 Brodix heads which standard headers do not fit. The turn around time was quick and the product looks excellent.

joyridin' 11-10-2016 02:37 PM

I took an old set of headers from the old engine and hacked them up. It was a cobbled mess. They built my new headers and they fit excellent.