Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Dynatek Stack Fuel Injection (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/137893-dynatek-stack-fuel-injection.html)

Jeff Hamilton 01-28-2017 07:33 AM

Dynatek Stack Fuel Injection

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for Dynatec Classic Fuel Injection. I found out this has been sold off twice and currently Borla owns it. Borla has a new harness and has no info on the Dynatec harness. I'm down to the last 3 wires.

66gtk 01-28-2017 08:37 AM

I hope you find what you need. Once Borla/Holley buys out their competition they usually scrap all support for it and force you to start over with their own stuff. Ugghh!

AZ Cobra Mike 01-28-2017 08:39 AM

Do you have a model number and the exact name of the unit?

Jeff Hamilton 01-28-2017 11:23 AM

I do not have a part number. The only numbers (3049) the ECU has on it was burned into it when it was tuned on a engine dyno. The engine was going to go into a Superformance car and the company went out of business.

PaulProe 01-28-2017 06:22 PM

New

Jeff
You probably should look at salvaging the injection system and buying a new ECU package.

The DynaTek injectors can be updated(if necessary) to perform to modern day specs. Check the throttle blades - if they are around .060 thick, they have been upgraded. If they are around .120 thick, you'll have issues with them til they are changed out. The thicker blades never would seal properly.

Regarding the ECU, to my knowledge no one could ever get the DynaTech system, if that is what it is, to ever work as it should. Just one problem after another. Once they scrapped it and began using mainline ECU systems, the package began to work as it should.

I have a very early DynaTech system that I had reworked and then used a Performance Electronics ECU and wiring. System works great and runs great. They are out of Cincinnati and a great bunch to work with. Others have used a FAST Sportsman XFi or XFi 2.0. The lower price EZ systems will not work with your system, to your satisfaction. Some guys have tried the cheaper units but it is wrought with all kinds of problems when associated with an individual runner system.

If I can help with any info, let me know. I have wiring info on the DynaTech injectors but nothing on their ECU setup.

Paul Proefrock

Dwight 01-29-2017 08:20 AM

I can help, I think

I have the old DynaTek system for a small block Ford. I think I still have the manual and DVD's for the system.

I have the old ECU, harness and manual on a shelf in the back room. I'll check today.

I had Eight Stack back in 2013 go through the system, update it and flow test.

I replaced the original ECU with MS3-Pro unit. It has a lot more control over the system.

I have not cranked the motor so I don't know!:)

But it looks great.

Dwight algunruner@aol.com

Jeff Hamilton 01-29-2017 08:34 AM

Thanks I will look into upgrading the current system.
Jeff

olddog 01-29-2017 10:32 AM

If you are going to replace the ECU on an eight stack, I really think you should give this some consideration. Obviously it would not be practical to take the car to this guy in Louisiana. However you may be surprised what the two of you can accomplish over the net. Give him a call and see what he says.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/fuel...ion-offer.html

Jeff Hamilton 01-30-2017 11:49 AM

I'm looking into all options
Thanks

razerwire 01-31-2017 01:01 PM

Had T.W.M. set up setting around and put on as was having engine refreshed. Did not order wiring harness with new ecu because local guy will make custom harness. May have someone in your area that could do same. Put fuel injection on our cj-7 jeep and we ordered harness over internet. We gave him measurements to every thing and what we were using, added ac to jeep, and came out fine. just trying to help. Sorry for my bad typing. Have older wiring harness with older fast ecu if you could use. pm if want more info FWIW

Dwight 01-31-2017 06:24 PM

Ok Jeff I have a picture of the wiring diagram.

If you will email or text me I'll sent it to you.

Dwight

algunruner@aol.com

256-710-5507