Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Inner Fender Rock Guard Protection? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/138370-inner-fender-rock-guard-protection.html)

wrogers55 04-26-2017 10:53 AM

Inner Fender Rock Guard Protection?

I know this has been discussed to death here as I just went through several threads.

But, I need to make a decision on undercoating of some kind for the inner fenders, front and back. I need protection and sound deadening of small rock/gravel chips being thrown off of super slinging NT01s, especially in the rear, especially in Texas in the summer.

Seems that something durable and softer would be the ticket. Lots of recommendations for bed liner urethane type coatings, but those will all be pretty hard when cured and I'm not sure I'll get the sound deadening I want. I have used 3M chip guard coatings on race cars but maybe there is something better.

The noise of rocks hitting inside of the fenders is a miserable sound.

Any experience there really worked well?

Wayne

PeteH 04-26-2017 12:51 PM

Look up Body Shutz, a rubberized undercoating that is sprayed on just for that reason. I think it is a 3M product. It helps prevent star cracks on fiberglass bodies from stone impacts. I plan to put a few coats in the inner wheel well surfaces of my replica.

TexasSnake 04-26-2017 06:01 PM

I have used POR-15 for inner fender protection with great success. It cures fairly hard so it might not meet your needs but the stuff is bullet proof. No backside spider cracks or stars so I'm pleased with the results.

HI Cobra 04-26-2017 07:21 PM

The Kirkhams have a 3/8" foam glued to the fender underside to prevent BB
dents from the inside. That might work in your case.

Moto One 04-27-2017 09:36 PM

Out of the box thinking, our Audi Alroads had a Astro Turf like material that was very effective.

Mark

Mark IV 04-28-2017 03:43 AM

Look at "Rhino Liner" bedliner. It is a softer, flexible urethane liner. Most bed liners (Line-X) are hard and abrasive, Rhino is a different type of product. Ask for a sample of Rhino and try to tear or cut it!

Ron61 04-28-2017 04:04 AM

Several people here have used the Rhino Liner under their fenders and it has worked out great.

Ron

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1420848)
Look at "Rhino Liner" bedliner. It is a softer, flexible urethane liner. Most bed liners (Line-X) are hard and abrasive, Rhino is a different type of product. Ask for a sample of Rhino and try to tear or cut it!