Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Superformance Bumpers vs Quick Jacks (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/138591-superformance-bumpers-vs-quick-jacks.html)

carguyohio 06-07-2017 07:29 AM

Superformance Bumpers vs Quick Jacks

I may be picking up a used Superformance MKIII. It currently has full bumpers front and rear. I like the look of the quick jacks better. So my question is do I need the mounts and quick jacks or will the quick jacks attach to the mounts that the bumpers are attached to? I have looked at pics online but to hard to tell and I have yet to get on a plane to go look at the car.

1795 06-07-2017 09:34 AM

I would assume that the quick jacks will mount to those mounts. Most manufactures make the mounts universal for simplicity sake and ease of construction.

Mark IV 06-07-2017 11:04 AM

They are interchangeable. We can supply the quick jacks in black, polished stainless or chrome.

We will also take your bumpers in trade.

carguyohio 06-07-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1423368)
They are interchangeable. We can supply the quick jacks in black, polished stainless or chrome.

We will also take your bumpers in trade.

Good info. Thanks.

Blas 06-07-2017 12:06 PM

Quick tip: Be sure to take some nice photos of your unbruised shins without any scares now…. Blas

:)

carguyohio 06-07-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blas (Post 1423378)
Quick tip: Be sure to take some nice photos of your unbruised shins without any scares now…. Blas

Do you stand into your car then slide down into the seat? I know quite a few do that, seems to help the oops from happening.

Blas 06-07-2017 02:57 PM

from the quik-jacks..........

snapier 06-07-2017 03:05 PM

I am looking for a rear bumper for my Superformance (SP01400) if you are selling please e-mail a price to smnapier@mail.clarityconnect.com

Gaz64 06-07-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quick tip: Be sure to take some nice photos of your unbruised shins without any scars now…. Blas

Yep, like walking into a towbar tongue.

Lou1119 06-09-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguyohio (Post 1423380)
Do you stand into your car then slide down into the seat? I know quite a few do that, seems to help the oops from happening.

I find that the easiest way to enter and exit. It also helps to avoid the "snake bite":LOL:

jacobsed 06-11-2017 12:00 PM

That is so true!!!

Quote:

MKS427 06-11-2017 12:38 PM

I would contact Superformance or Hillbank. They should know better than anyone.
Mark

RACERAL 06-12-2017 01:15 PM

I am looking to buy the whole set if you don't sell to the above poster

carguyohio 09-17-2017 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Over the past few months I bounced back and fourth between this car, a few other Superformances and C2 Corvettes. In the end I circled back around to this car and bought it. Should be home in 3 weeks. Needs some cleaning and over all not too many stone chips for a late middle series car. I will get it whipped into shape.

As for the bumpers, the mounting hardware is indeed a different length vs the quick jacks. Not sure if the hardware is adjustable on the back side, will find out once I get it home and on the lift. If it is not I found a source at a very reasonable price for mounting hardware. Either way I will have mounting hardware for the bumpers when I sell them or directions on adjustments to your existing. I do not expect I will have the bumpers off and ready to sell until early November. Al, if still interested send me a message, as you mention someone else was ahead of you but if they back out we can talk.

bnewell 09-18-2017 09:30 AM

Beautiful Car!!!!

tortuga 09-30-2017 10:54 PM

I got rid of the non functional quick jacks on my SPF in favor of bumperettes only. Nice not having to explain them and that they are non functional on a fake car...all you need is some all thread, bushings, a little patience and the same sleeves...easy conversion.