Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Cruise-In at Peterson Museum - Jan 27 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/140050-cruise-peterson-museum-jan-27-a.html)

Blas 01-24-2018 06:30 AM

Cruise-In at Peterson Museum - Jan 27

Shelby Legendary Cars
Cruise-In at Peterson Museum - Jan 27
Anyone planning to make a showing at this event?
I think the 2 new Bondurant Tribute cars that debuted Barrett Jackson will be in attendance.
I plan on attending. Would like to see a few familiar names and cars attending.
Hoping the weather is good there, better than snow in Chicago.

Blas

Moto One 01-24-2018 07:16 AM

Depending on the weather, yea!! I might try to make it, but 0012 is still being fixed.

Mark.

D-CEL 01-24-2018 08:47 AM

I have been planning on it. I heard this morning that the winds are returning this weekend.

jason

Blas 01-24-2018 09:30 AM

Ok, "the winds"..... I'm from Chicago. Here "the winds" refers to our local politicians speaking pubically.... usually about something they deemed good for the general population like Red Light cameras, or increased property taxes. Should I be concerned? Chicago is the "Windy City"... think your winds stack up to ours? Ha ha ha ... hoping the weather is favorable..
Blas

indianamoon 01-24-2018 10:06 AM

Shelby cruise

My lovely child bride and I will be in attendance. Also going to make the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona that weekend.

Information on the O'Reilly Grand National Roadster Show

D-CEL 01-24-2018 10:19 AM

Hey Blas,

Winds for us are the "Santa Ana's". Very dry and strong depending on where you are. 20-35 mph sustained are common with gusts at 40-50 are typical.
The down slopes and some canyon areas can see 80+ mph.
brush Fires become a big deal fast.

Jason

rodneym 01-24-2018 10:52 AM

Not loving the date change.
Sunday (and earlier) would have been so much better.
Driving through LA mid morning on a Sat?
No thanks.

Blas 01-24-2018 10:57 AM

Thanks....... We will also be doing both those events Friday and Saturday....

D-CEL 01-24-2018 11:01 AM

Friday Night at Bobs Big Boy in Toluca Lake is cool as well. Anthony (Boosalis) Usually brings at least one of his Original Comp cars.

Blas 01-24-2018 01:09 PM

I have tried to make Bob's Big Boy my last three trips out west but either the weather or something else always prevented a visit....
George Barris's shop is another place that also seems to get bumped each time I visit. I have done SO-CAL, NHRA Museum, Riverside Raceway Museum, MOON Equipment, and a couple other custom car joints I had stumbled across while out there. Also did Cars and Coffee once
Would like to do Lynn Parks garage, McCluskey's shop, and AAR but under the circumstances, decided against visiting AAR this trip. Always open to suggestions.... thanks.
Blas

Blas 01-27-2018 06:29 PM

As a first timer to this event, I must say I was impressed. A great cross- section of Shelby cars were in attendance. Had a chance to talk with Lynn Park and a few other owners of original cars. Was a beautiful day, and the sun was shining.... no wind as was previously mentioned.
Shelby Legendary Cars had one of the two Bondurant Tribute Cobra’s there so I was able to get the remaining photos I needed for that Tribute Owner’s Manual.
The Bondurant Tribute Coupe was also there to enjoy. Great day.
Blas

Varmit 01-28-2018 08:16 AM

Enjoyed the event. Unfortunately one of our guys spun his Cobra on the way up there and did significant damage due to kissing a guard rail

I won a magnum of champaign for my #8 Cobra people choice award.

Blas 01-28-2018 09:32 AM

Yes, I saw his car with the damage..... right front and windshield. No injuries hopefully.

Varmit 01-28-2018 02:28 PM

just his ego

Snake2998 01-28-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varmit (Post 1437367)
just his ego

That's something Cobras are very good at - damaging one's ego if you take liberties.

indianamoon 01-29-2018 07:24 AM

Cruise in pics

More in my album Club Cobra - indianamoon's Album: 2018 Shelby cruise in at Petersen

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=17257

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=17266

Varmit 01-30-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake2998 (Post 1437382)
That's something Cobras are very good at - damaging one's ego if you take liberties.

absolutely !!!!!

Antny 02-12-2018 02:48 PM

Any details on what appears to be a chopped down rag top? It looks way better than my goofy-hat rag top!