Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Waiting on the word today (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/140531-waiting-word-today.html)

Bucknut56 03-12-2018 08:52 AM

Waiting on the word today

Hey all,
This is only my 1st post. I am not a "troll" as I have seen some of the newbies called.....lol
I just turned 50 and I have always wanted a Cobra ever since I held a Cobra hotwheel in my hand.
Waiting on the word today (3/12/18) for financing

I am a fulltime Firefighter. I have seen a lot of car wreck injuries and fatalities in my 20+ year career. Also lost 2 of my brothers to accidents.
That being said that played a part in which car/motor I chose.
I am not a speed demon. I don't want to drag or road race.
I am just looking to cruise around my area where I live.
How can they see how cool I look if I drive by too fast......LOL

I wanted to go a little entry level power with the motor...if there is such a thing as that in one of these cars.
I chose a Backdraft Racing 2008 Build Roadster with a 302 Ford.....
I know its still going to be fast, but I have had cars with 500+hp and know that they went at least 75mph on the highway...hahaha
So I know how to control myself.

If all goes wells delivery may be in 3 weeks or so.
This is just my post to hopefully become a car holding member of this site.
Thanks Rob in Ohio

BDR_Boy 03-12-2018 09:22 AM

Welcome to the addiction from someone else with a BDR roadster utilizing a small block Ford (347 Stroker).

Good luck with your pending purchase.

Ozzie Goat 03-12-2018 09:35 AM

Wishing you the best on your purchase from another '08 BDR owner

Ron61 03-12-2018 10:03 AM

Rob,

Congratulations on your new toy and it sounds as if you are very well aware of how fast these things can get you into trouble. Your choice of a motor for what you want I think is ideal. I have had about every Ford motor except the 427 SOC engine and I have a 408 stroker in my car now as I am to old to race and just drive it. Keep us informed as you get the car and drive it and please post some pictures.

Ron

E5USMC 03-12-2018 10:20 AM

Owned a 2013 BDR.... great car!!!! Enjoy it and be safe.

Bucknut56 03-12-2018 11:13 AM

Thanks Guys.
Once I get the word that all is good I am going to have a mechanic shop do a pre purchase inspection on the mechanics and probably do a compression test as well.
I live in Ohio and it's in California.

Bucknut56 03-12-2018 06:37 PM

Financing came back fine.
Buying it depends on the pre purchase inspection.
Should know by tomorrow or Wednesday.

twobjshelbys 03-12-2018 09:08 PM

good luck

Trubble 03-12-2018 10:04 PM

Good luck, Rob.
From a new guy up around Dayton.

Bill

Ron61 03-13-2018 05:23 AM

Rob,

Good luck and I hope the Inspection shows everything to be in great shape. To bad it is so far away that you can't be there to watch and try it out.

Ron

Bucknut56 03-17-2018 03:06 PM

Pre Purchase inspection came back good.
Called them today to confirm the sale.
Should be getting paperwork this week to sign and send back.
A few weeks and I should have the car I have always wanted since I was a kid.
Now time to buy some meatballs :-)

Bucknut56 03-17-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trubble (Post 1440400)
Good luck, Rob.
From a new guy up around Dayton.

Bill

I live about 30 minutes from Dayton. Just right down I-75.
If you know where West Chester/Tylersville is.

Seagull81 03-17-2018 04:19 PM

Now you need to sign up for the London Cobra Show.
https://www.londoncobrashow.com/tickets

Trubble 03-18-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucknut56 (Post 1440734)
I live about 30 minutes from Dayton. Just right down I-75.
If you know where West Chester/Tylersville is.

Yep. I know the area. Running between Tipp City and Loveland a lot to see the kids. Send a msg if you wanna swap numbers. We can get together sometime -maybe Cars n Coffee at Austin Landing?

Hope the paperwork and transport goes well.

Cheers

Bill

RB60 03-19-2018 01:49 AM

Congrats and welcome to the club! I'm pretty much a newbie too, but have owned a few "spirited" muscle cars in the past, so I chose to buy one with the 427 FE motor.
That said, keep in mind, even with a small block, these cars can be a handful to drive but can be a lot of fun, too. Common sense and being aware of your surroundings is a must.
Keep us informed and post some pics.

Ron61 03-19-2018 04:17 AM

I hope that you have the car by now. You are going to really have a lot of good times ahead and there are a lot of Cobra people in that area to get together with. As said above, post some pictures when you get it.

Ron :)

Bucknut56 03-20-2018 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron61 (Post 1440856)
I hope that you have the car by now.

Ron :)

Paperwork should arrive today while I am at the firehouse.
I will have to get it filled out and sent back tomorrow.
I delayed it a week for the inspection and making my mind up.
I will post some pictures on the arrival.
I am sure I will do a facebook live post as they are unloading it :-)

Bucknut56 03-20-2018 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trubble (Post 1440834)
Yep. I know the area. Running between Tipp City and Loveland a lot to see the kids. Send a msg if you wanna swap numbers. We can get together sometime -maybe Cars n Coffee at Austin Landing?

Hope the paperwork and transport goes well.

Cheers

Bill

Sounds great Bill.
I will send a message.
I am sure to have a lot of questions.....lol

Ron61 03-20-2018 04:33 AM

Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. I bet that you are really getting anxious for it to arrive now.

Ron

Danr55 03-20-2018 10:14 AM

I'm sure that as someone must have previously mentioned, you've ruined yourself for the rest of your life. Welcome to the insanity and good luck with your car.