Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   New garage (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/140782-new-garage.html)

indianamoon 04-15-2018 10:20 AM

New garage

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...=17470&thumb=1

After building new and moving a year ago last December, I have finally gotten around to pretty much finishing up the garage.

Lots of outlets, nice bright led lighting, floor ground and coated, new cabinets, Onkyo stereo, refer, and my bed if I don't stop there.

Thought I might add a lift, but have decided against it. (There is a used one available here locally for $1500 I believe if anyone is interested)

The only things left to do are to hook up the phase converter, air compressor, and welder, and to move in the band saw, belt sander, and bridge port.

Sure is nice to have plenty of room to move around in, but I do miss the air conditioning in the previous garage.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...=17469&thumb=1

RockBit 04-15-2018 10:43 AM

I added a mini-split heat pump to my cobra shop. Heating and cooling with a low energy bill. Highly recommended.

MOTORHEAD 04-15-2018 10:47 AM

Mr Moon : Congrats on the new digs from a former SBN resident ! What's the ceiling height in the garage ? You might want to reconsider the hoist acquisition ! My ceiling is 9', so I am restricted to a "mid height" (48") scissors lift, which limits under belly access, but was acquired during my Porsche years, so center belly access was not a problem. Even if only wheel/brake work, the ability to have all 4 wheels up at once at a comfortable working height is worth the price of admission alone !
What area of So.Bend are you in ! I was Forrest Glen, on the west bank of the river before I moved to Fl. My son and family are still there on Edison Road, and we get up there every summer. (don't miss the winters much!)
Glad to see you kept the Cobra !

Ted Radtke

Alfa02 04-15-2018 11:12 AM

Nothing better then that "New Garage Smell", indianamoom :) Look's to be well thought out. The only issue I have, is your choice in Stereo's ;) I collect them from the 70's, (greatest era). The "Wattage Wars". Have had all the Monster Receiver's 100 watts min per channel, old school watts, not what they call watts now, from that era. Nothing can touch the Sansui G-series, for sound, build quality, and "POWER", you can never have too MUCH, and since we own Cobra's, we know Power :) For speakers (Rock & Roll) Speakerlab, (Jazz, Classical) Kilpsch. I have said system in my garage, and also at the "Old School Garage" where my Cobra is being finished. If you need any help (Information) just ask. Great music is the icing on the cake, to complete any great garage project, Cheers Tom.

jobu137 04-15-2018 12:57 PM

What did you do to the garage floor for that look? Doesn't look like epoxy...

505stang 04-15-2018 01:44 PM

I also just finished up a new garage this past summer, more than doubled the existing garage. Went almost 8 months in it without a lift, put a 9000# lift in 1 month ago and glad i did! Lift makes it so much easier to work on stuff and when you're 50 plus years old it is great not having to lay on back or knees to work on cars!

HI Cobra 04-15-2018 02:49 PM

Mine is finally nearing completion after over a year. Will have my 4 post lift and
a scissors lift (14' ceilings). It is designed for an RV (for a couple of years), my
Serpent Express and 2 Cobras. Have a 1000 sq' man cave with 12' ceilings on the upper floor and foamed walls and ceiling to ease the strain on my A/C and furnace during these Texas summers and winters. Really looking forward to getting some work space. Congrats on yours, looks great! You really might want to reconsider the lift!

indianamoon 04-16-2018 05:34 AM

Motorhead

We are in the Portage Woods subdivision on the far north side almost to the michigan state line. When you get to town, drop me an email.

indianamoon 04-16-2018 05:38 AM

Alpha02

Stereo has Bose main speakers, Klipsch subwoofer, and an Onkyo receiver. All left over from the previous house. I have downloaded a bunch of 50's thru 70's car related country and rock & roll to the i-pod for appropriate noise. "Hey Little Cobra" is in the playlist multiple times

indianamoon 04-16-2018 05:42 AM

Jobu137

The floor was first ground to flatten it and take off whatever it is that the floor guys don't like on the top. Then they squeegeed on a polyaspartic clear finish. It was a two part mix and appears to be pretty impervious to just about anything with the exception of heavy scratches. Cleans up really nice. The downside is that I feel the necessity to mop the garage. But I shake that off well.

FYI for reference cost was about $3/sq ft

Chicagowil 04-18-2018 04:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats on the new "Bat Cave"! I also have been working on my new shop as well for the last year. Mine came to me a bit differently. We had to remove the existing 2 car garage to dig under the house for a basement (long story there) and the house mover suggested he could just as easily relocate it next to a 12' X 19" shed I had for storage at the back of the lot to supply me with a new shop! was not as big as I would have liked, but with the slope of the lot and placement of the septic field, I had some restrictions on size anyway.

I just started to put the cabinets back into the shop and am looking at a lift as well. At 65 and one artificial hip- the body just doesn't like to get on the floor these days.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d.../IMG_08551.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d.../IMG_08531.jpg