Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Color Change (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/141216-color-change.html)

Drake 07-19-2018 09:43 AM

Color Change

My car is recovering from a guardrail encounter at the body shop. I'm going to change colors so I pretend I got a new car. I want to go with a darker British Racing Green. No pearl or metallic. I've tried going through the galleries but I can't figure out to do a search by color. So, can you guys show yours or links. Thanks:JEKYLHYDE

twobjshelbys 07-19-2018 10:30 AM

Mine was brg. It was the dark jaguar paint. Really nice looking. Any jag dealer should get the paint code

Alfa02 07-19-2018 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just had mine painted, and had BRG. in mind since 1967 when I saw a street 427 that color, When it came time to mix up the Jag (67) BRG, it didn't look quite right. So my painter suggested a color (PPG) called "Zagato Dark" Well long story short my car is that color, it's a 60's Lancia color, and by the other member's of the club, that's seen it, I was spot on for picking that color. I let you decide. Cheers Tom.

Alfa02 07-19-2018 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry about the first picture, this is a better shot.

Ron61 07-20-2018 03:18 AM

Alfa02,

I have always liked the BRG and that is a really pretty Cobra that you have there.

Ron

AC Ventura 07-20-2018 05:28 AM

There is a great paint feature on Forza 5 or 6 on Xbox. Their 427 is so well modelled, you could probably take your dash layout from it. It also (seriously) has a virtually infinite paint shade selection tool. You can then spin the car around, view from any angle. It's the next best thing to seeing a car and also an opportunity to try colours not normally seen on Cobras.

Danr55 07-20-2018 08:13 AM

In the sixties, Jaguar had a color called Deep Green that was a bit darker than British Racing Green that was on all of the BMC cars (MG, Triumph, etc.). Give it a look. May be just what you are looking for. I believe the color code was GN-41 or GN-42. A friend had an XKE that was that color. It was beautiful.. with Fawn interior.

jolsen42 07-20-2018 08:15 AM

Mine is a 1966 Ford "Ivy Green Metallic" PPG # 43408

John O

https://s19.postimg.cc/fyc084dib/011.jpg

sd427 07-20-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 1448323)
My car is recovering from a guardrail encounter at the body shop.

Now why would a body shop go and install guardrails on their property???

Whodeeny 07-23-2018 08:38 AM

Try this web site -

PaintRef.com - Automotive Truck Fleet Paint Color Code Cross Reference

tboneheller 07-24-2018 06:26 AM

Trying to resell a green car, for me, was a big loss of money. You might want to consider another color.......ANY other color.

Drake 07-24-2018 12:05 PM

Thanks Whodeeny. That link kept me entertained for hours. The color change is for me. I'll be dead before I sell my Cobra. After 15years and 150k miles it's a part of my DNA:LOL:

cycleguy55 07-24-2018 01:31 PM

Jaguar offers 'British Racing Green Metallic' for their current cars, but looking at the color online may not be completely accurate.

Another green that I really like is 'Jaguar Racing Green' - note the lack of 'British' in the name. That's a slighly lighter, brighter green that I think looks quite good - at least to my eye. Here's a photo showing the color:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...hotos065-1.jpg

Alfa02 07-24-2018 01:58 PM

I'm with Drake, resale would never be a issue with my car either. They will pry my cold dead hand from my keys, before it leave's my garage. I can honestly say, I've never had a car painted with resale in mind. It this just me or ??? Cheers Tom.