Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Interesting- 1965 Shelby AC Shelby 427 Cobra CSX1005 Aluminum Body (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/141320-interesting-1965-shelby-ac-shelby-427-cobra-csx1005-aluminum-body.html)

FUNFER2 08-15-2018 03:53 PM

Interesting- 1965 Shelby AC Shelby 427 Cobra CSX1005 Aluminum Body

It's on ebay. I don't know everything about the continued series, so the details of making this deal of Carroll and AC is interesting. Wonder why they couldn't finish the 150 cars ?

Ad-

Carroll Shelby signed a 3 year contract with AC in 2004 to build 50 cars a year for a total of 150 cars, these cars were to be exact replicas of the 60’s cars, except for gauges and the things needed to be federally compliant in the USA. The first 13 cars all have the Shelby AC Cobra badge on the hood. None after that authentically carry the AC badge, only a Cobra badge as AC was out of the picture from car 14-22. AC was unable to meet production times with Carroll Shelby and the deal ended during car 14.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-AC-S...RbcLWX&vxp=mtr

t walgamuth 08-15-2018 06:09 PM

Interesting. I'm wondering about the 490 ci overbore...? What is the value of these cars?

twobjshelbys 08-15-2018 06:55 PM

The CSX1000 series aluminum cars are exquisite. There are several discussions of them here already. I saw one of the roller bodies delivered to Vegas and it was a work of art.

PS. Nowhere near those numbers were built. Maybe 10-15 max total. Regarding why, the answer is that is all they sold. Shelby builds to order, not on spec. Dealers order from Shelby so the spec is at the dealers.

Randy Rosenberg 08-15-2018 08:08 PM

FYI: https://www.ronstoybox.com/1965-Shel...-52722/6404088

1985 CCX 08-16-2018 06:53 PM

Dumb question
What is the difference between an alloy 4000 and a 1000 visually?
Thanks

gthompson 08-16-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1449720)
Dumb question
What is the difference between an alloy 4000 and a 1000 visually?
Thanks

The $200,000 of cash 💰 in a bag stuck to the trunk?

1ntCobra 08-17-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1449662)
The CSX1000 series aluminum cars are exquisite. There are several discussions of them here already. I saw one of the roller bodies delivered to Vegas and it was a work of art.

PS. Nowhere near those numbers were built. Maybe 10-15 max total. Regarding why, the answer is that is all they sold. Shelby builds to order, not on spec. Dealers order from Shelby so the spec is at the dealers.

I think the original problem was that Alan Lubinsky seems to usually deliver vapor ware in terms of cars. I think he got someone from
South Africa to help him get a dozen or so cars out, but then he screwed over that guy and things fell apart. I think that may be documented in one of Trevor Legates books. After AC could no longer deliver Shelby found one or two other English suppliers for the 1000 series but I doubt there has been as much interest in those since the AC marketing pitch no longer applies.

ChiChris 08-17-2018 11:09 AM

Unless the seller has all the paperwork tying it to AC he won't get the money. Even then with the Kirkam CSX cars this will be a tough sell.

RodKnock 08-17-2018 02:18 PM

The stripes ruin it for me. Superformance, sure. But on a CSX1000?

We do/did have a CSX1000 expert of two on the forum at one point and time. I thought these were valued around the $250,000-$300,000 range not too long ago.

1ntCobra 08-18-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiChris (Post 1449756)
Unless the seller has all the paperwork tying it to AC he won't get the money. Even then with the Kirkam CSX cars this will be a tough sell.

With such a low serial number this is definitely an AC linked car, even if AC under Lubinsky doesn’t carry the same respect as AC under original ownership or as owned by Angliss and Ford.

And considering that it seems to be miraculous that Lubinsky actually managed to deliver anything at all that makes this car rather rare and certainly not simply slapping a different badge on it and calling it something special. I am sure this car will sell for a good premium over a Kirkham based CSX.

1ntCobra 08-18-2018 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1449765)
The stripes ruin it for me. Superformance, sure. But on a CSX1000?

We do/did have a CSX1000 expert of two on the forum at one point and time. I thought these were valued around the $250,000-$300,000 range not too long ago.

This is strange, I am going to agree with RodKnock on something, I really dislike the stripe color. At least the stripes are not pink, green or beige. ;)

twobjshelbys 08-18-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiChris (Post 1449756)

Probably wrong. These cars sell for top dollar. Not to anyone here because everyone has been trained to be anti Shelby and think that only Kirkham has ever made an alloy car. I think only one owner has ever shown up and he did a pretty good job documenting them.

The fact that the car is on ebay is a detractor. The seller and dealer are really underestimating it as they usually move through private placements (like the originals).

RodKnock 08-18-2018 04:53 PM

I finally read the ad. Geez, the ad may have been written by someone where English is their 2nd language. Also who’s this “Manuel”? :LOL:

Also, the “C” engine meant you elected to have it bored out to 490? Huh, wha?

“Under the hood a powerful 1965 Shelby 427 V8 with the "C" engine option that meant you elected to have it bored out to 490 cu in that produces 683HP, with a 5 speed Manuel transmission. With these low miles this is the ultimate Collector car!”

Oh and a CSX1000 is the “ultimate collector car”? Really? The Ultimate Shelby replica sure, I’d buy that, but what about the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO for $40,000,000? Please stop with the hyperbole. :rolleyes:

bcrumpley 08-18-2018 05:35 PM

Maybe the legendary ‘C’ engine option makes it the ultimate collector’s car....