Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Cobra manufacturers in England (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/141400-cobra-manufacturers-england.html)

rodneym 09-03-2018 01:06 PM

Cobra manufacturers in England

Hello all,

I'm going to England next week and was hoping to take in any Cobra related sites.
Any idea on who/where any Cobras are being made? CSX1000's? Any museums that are a must?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

peterpjb 09-04-2018 01:37 AM

Brooklands Cars Ltd

should be a good idea to visit

Grubby 09-04-2018 09:53 AM

Rodney,

I typically go to the Mid lands and Bristol twice a year for work and have done so for about 10 years. My UK team members are car guys like me.

I have asked them about seeing the original AC factory or other car related things.

There doesn't seem to be much to see in the two areas I visit (car related). One of the guys mentioned a tour of Jaguar was well worth it. It is between the Mid lands and Bristol. I plan to do that in the near future.

They have taken me to local cruise-ins in Derby.

If you find something, please pass it along. I will want to see it as well.

Enjoy the trip.

John

427AC 09-13-2018 01:53 PM

Hi,

North Devon metalcraft, worth a visit, they are producing the 289 FIA
cars as well as the Shelby csx1000 series here’s there link, Home

LMH 09-13-2018 08:55 PM

Go see Gerry Hawkridge at Hawk Cars. He's always working on neat things for Cobras.
Definitely Brooklands! I'd also go to the original AC Cars site. Take a selfie in front of the plaque in the wall!
Larry

db replicas 09-20-2018 07:27 AM

I've been known to do a bit of Cobra stuff.
I'm 4 miles off the main drag (M6) between Birmingham and Manchester, if you are still over here and up this way. ;-)