Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   TKO600 / 351W block clutch slave cylinder (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/142650-tko600-351w-block-clutch-slave-cylinder.html)

saki302 08-09-2019 04:10 AM

TKO600 / 351W block clutch slave cylinder

Hello,

I just buttoned up my transmission tonight on the superformance, everything seems to work- we’ll start it up tomorrow and check it on the jack stands.

I noticed my clutch slave cylinder push rod sits at an angle, down and inwards a bit. I think this is what caused the premature wear on the old clutch fork by pushing on it downwards.

Is there a recommended replacement? (TKO 600 trans, aluminum bellhousing, 351W block)
I found this online and it looks like it would work:
Rosehill Performance Parts 3550, TKO 500/600 Bracket Kits:-

Here is what mine looks like now: (I tried both mounting holes down low- it's on the better one already)

https://i.vgy.me/SGi7R5.jpg

Thanks!

-Dave 2028

twobjshelbys 08-09-2019 07:35 AM

Mike Forte's kit.

SLP 08-09-2019 09:43 AM

I took all that hydraulic to mechanical stuff out of mine and went with a hydraulic throw out bearing with one piston at the pedal and it works amazing. It wasn’t expensive and it was easy to do.

twobjshelbys 08-09-2019 10:58 AM

There is much discussion about the HTOB (Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing) vs the classic master/slave configuration somewhere here. I don't have time to look for it now since I'm on my way to an appointment. The bottom line is that the misalignment you mention is even more deadly (and more probable) with the HTOB. I went through two before I switched to Forte's config and never had another problem. Maybe someone else can remember where the other topic is.

saki302 08-09-2019 01:29 PM

I just ordered one from Forte. Mike still had my information back from 2011.

I figured get the good one, do it right and never worry about it again ��

-Dave

Grubby 08-09-2019 06:07 PM

I don't think a new cylinder will fix it. The block surface isn't flat. You need to put a shim under the low spot and it will pull it into the correct orientation.

John

saki302 08-10-2019 10:30 PM

It's not the surface. The bracket offset puts the cylinder too high and out, so the rod sits at an angle. Photo is an odd angle.

-Dave

ninexrep 08-11-2019 04:25 AM

Changed my slave cylinder to a HTOB and it works great. Got rid of the slop and constant readjustment and as far as I'm concerned it's the best thing I ever did..

saki302 08-12-2019 09:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Forte slave is in!

Very nice looking part and slick setup. Many adjustments to get the angles just right.

Of course now my hydraulic line is too short :( Ordered parts from summit (Earl's) to build a new one.

-Dave

Gaz64 08-12-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saki302 (Post 1465521)
Forte slave is in!

Very nice looking part and slick setup. Many adjustments to get the angles just right.

Of course now my hydraulic line is too short :( Ordered parts from summit (Earl's) to build a new one.

-Dave

Very nice setup you have there Dave.

Less hassle if you ever have a failure, unlike HTOBs IMO.

Gary

saki302 08-12-2019 11:05 PM

From what I've read, I decided to avoid the hydraulic TB.

My old setup worked, it was just a little mickey mouse.. :D

-Dave