Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   (Famous Owner) FFR MK4 for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/144154-famous-owner-ffr-mk4-sale.html)

Alfa02 10-20-2020 01:34 AM

(Famous Owner) FFR MK4 for sale

I know, I know this should go in the want ad's. But hear me out on this car and the owner. A few days ago, a friend (Steve Volk) Pres. of the Shelby Museum, called and asked if I could help a great friend of the museum's sell her FFR MK.4. I said sure, give me the spec's, etc. I will contact her and go from there. He said wait till you hear who this is !!! Her name is Susan Warne. She was the Secretary for Ken Miles, Phil Remington, Al Dowd. (All three at the same time) @ Shelby American She wore many hats back in the day. As she said, we were a just "small business" Back to the car, I'm posting a short video, of the FFR here, I have told her BaT is our best bet, but I will give anyone here in the club first chance before it go's up, I have all info. contact # If anyone or know's anyone interested in her car. Just PM me with a Phone# Thanks Guy's, Cheers TommyRot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upmHKV0zpsI

Alfa02 10-20-2020 01:49 AM

This is her other video, well worth watching even if your not interested in buying her car, She is a real Sweetheart of a 'Lady" Thank you Susan for giving me a chance to meet you even if just over phone & Email's, one day we will meet person to person. Plus we have something in common (We both got to ride in a 289 Comp car, with the one & only Ken Miles @ SPEED) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98uWnOgABLU

HealeyRick 10-20-2020 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1484274)
This is her other video, well worth watching even if your not interested in buying her car, She is a real Sweetheart of a 'Lady" Thank you Susan for giving me a chance to meet you even if just over phone & Email's, one day we will meet person to person. Plus we have something in common (We both got to ride in a 289 Comp car, with the one & only Ken Miles @ SPEED) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98uWnOgABLU

What a great video, really enjoyed it!

EM-0785 10-20-2020 07:18 AM

The history section of that 2nd video belongs in a museum. Very well done Susan, thanks for sharing! A very well concieved and well loved Cobra there. Best of luck with everything! Brent

Jerry Clayton 10-20-2020 07:49 AM

Was Susan working for Shelby in 69-70s at his office in Playa Del Rey?? I might have met her a few times id so-----

twobjshelbys 10-20-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EM-0785 (Post 1484283)
The history section of that 2nd video belongs in a museum. Very well done Susan, thanks for sharing! A very well concieved and well loved Cobra there. Best of luck with everything! Brent

It is... Volk is the principal at the Shelby American Collection in Boulder.

He has lots of stuff like this.

She seems familiar and I think has been at the fundraiser and featured in her "Shelby Stories" that they always have.

For you newbies the Shelby American Collection is THE BEST collection of Cobras and GT40s on the planet. SAC and Millers museum in Salt Lake traded stock back and forth to keep both collections "fresh", but since Larry Miller's passing and the family's closing of the track/museum, most of Miller's most famous Shelby cars are now in Boulder. The last time I was there (Sep, 2019) they had 5 GT40s (more in one location than any place on earth). Also Shelby's original first Cobra, CSX2000. And lots of other race pedigreed Cobras. If you're ever in the Denver area make sure you plan your Saturday (their only open day, 10-4) for a trip to this place. Spend a few hours looking at the cars, then take lunch, come back and then look carefully at everything in the background. There's more history behind the row of cars than the cars themselves.

tonywyso 10-20-2020 08:52 PM

What can you say but, awesome. Great videos.

Karl Bebout 10-21-2020 10:53 AM

Good job TommyRot.

Even better than the badge holders:eek:

cycleguy55 10-21-2020 05:03 PM

Awesome. Sounds like a very interesting lady. Good luck with the sale / auction.

AdamIsAdam 10-21-2020 05:10 PM

Very cool vids. So the big question: why are they selling it now?

Oh, and while I was on YouTube, I came across this vid... wow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uKhbprcog

Alfa02 10-21-2020 08:33 PM

'Update: Susan, has friends in high places in our Cobra world ;) I reached out to some friends of ours, to help add a few more coins (also more Interest) in her upcoming auction. I've had great response's so far, Steve (Shelby Museum) will add a framed Carroll Shelby art (Signed) and maybe a private tour. Allen Grant promised something "Very Cool" from his Collection. Susan will add a "Real Cobra Badge", + vintage pictures" I will add a signed copy of "Raceman" from Gordon Chance. Waiting on a few more Cobra collector's, for their response. So not only her FFR but Real Shelby memorabilia. (Jerry) no she worked for Shelby from late 62-66, then married a crew member from Alan Mann Racing! Right after the 66 LeMans Race! (Adam) without getting into it, it is a health issue. Cheers TommyRot. Karlos "Good Job" that is high praise indeed!!!

CobraResurrect 10-22-2020 07:22 AM

From the title I thought the car might have belonged to John Voight. :LOL:

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing.

rodneym 10-22-2020 10:46 AM

That's Jon Voight ;)

Great episode.

CobraResurrect 10-23-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1484375)
That's Jon Voight ;)

Great episode.

The actor, yeah, but George bought a car that belonged to a "John" Voight.