Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Excalibur Cobra wont start how do I disarm anit theft system??! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/144895-excalibur-cobra-wont-start-how-do-i-disarm-anit-theft-system.html)

DanD 06-01-2021 05:51 AM

Excalibur Cobra wont start how do I disarm anit theft system??!

I have a 1996 Excalibur Cobra with factory anit theft system and it will not allow the car to start I have to key fobs for it and they no longer work as of last night... can any one tell me how to get the car started and how to permanently disarm the antitheft system??

Thanks for any help!!

Dan
cell 407-466-6703
dandiehl99@gmail.com

Tom Wells 06-01-2021 08:57 AM

Dan,

Just a shot in the dark - I don't have an Excalibur so I don't know what the fobs you have look like.

If they're like others, they may have a small, button battery in each one. These are inexpensive, widely available and easily replaced. Mine can be popped open with a plastic upholstery spoon (kinda like a stiff credit card) and the rest should be pretty obvious. Some auto parts stores know how to deal with them too.

Could you provide a picture of one?

Tom

DanD 06-02-2021 06:25 AM

Thanks Tom these have no batteries they are gray plastic little pointers with as I understand it an RF chip in them that disarms the system momentarily while you start car they are seriously a pain in the you no what:)

Dan

Tom Wells 06-02-2021 10:51 AM

Dan,

New one on me...

Do you have a photo or two?

Tom

DanD 06-03-2021 11:44 AM

Disarm

Tom I have tried to post pictures on the site and i have had no success even for my bio info...

Tom Wells 06-03-2021 02:34 PM

Dan,

You have a PM.

Tom

eschaider 06-05-2021 06:54 PM

Dan,

If you have an OEM ECU and it sounds like you do, a tuner can disable PATS in the engine's tune. Not just because of PATS, but a whole range of other issues, if I were you I would replace the OEM ECU with a modern aftermarket EFI ECU. Both you and the engine will be much happier.

Ed

Tom Wells 06-10-2021 09:52 AM

Dan,

Just checking. Any resolution to the problem yet?

Tom

DanD 08-22-2021 06:09 AM

Excalibur wont start - anti theft device

Went under the dash and found that the wire from the RF chip reader on yhr dash (flashing red light) that disarms ATD is a sheilded cable but rubber coated and the shielding had unwound and raw wire(s) were touching everything everywhere at the plug in - SO i peeled all back cleaned up the bare wires and retaped and everything works fine at the moment BUT i will say that i want to get this system turned off and out of the car! Its a pain and this is only a temp solution... also i am going to take advice and get a new recon EFI ECU and start over as there seem to be many other issues little gremlins around due to the age of the car and the engine changes improvements i have made - delet AC delet HEATER etc etc also disconnected IAC and car runs MUCH better and no need for IAC since no load from AC or Power steering or heavy electrical draw down, etc... your thoughts comments much appreciate!

thanks
Dan

eschaider 08-22-2021 04:30 PM

Dan,

I would keep the IAC even though you do not have the A/C etc. The new ECU will use it to control idle. Absent the IAC motor the ECU has no way to control idle.

Ed