Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Lime Rock CT Vintage Race (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/145069-lime-rock-ct-vintage-race.html)

Blackbart 08-05-2021 06:54 AM

Lime Rock CT Vintage Race

This event is always a good time. LMK if you think you'll be attending.

https://limerock.com/historicfestiva...HQJ9JyYtN-0z40

1795 08-05-2021 09:28 AM

It should be fun. I would go, but it is just a few days prior to the US Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen and I will be racing there. Have fun.

Jim

1985 CCX 08-05-2021 10:10 AM

The question is how they see Replicas? In the past they have relegated us to parking lot duty however another time it was accepted.
I mean my registration is a 1964 but they may beg to differ....

Blackbart 08-05-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1795 (Post 1495599)
It should be fun. I would go, but it is just a few days prior to the US Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen and I will be racing there. Have fun.

Jim

Jim, back in the 90's when I was vintage racing an Austin Healey with Team Thicko, primarily in the Midwest, we would travel to Lime Rock for the Labor Day weekend event and then do the SVRA Event the following weekend at Watkins Glen. Great memories, I am looking forward to re-visiting Lime Rock and maybe the Glen this year as a spectator. Safe racing to you!
Gary

1795 08-05-2021 11:37 AM

Gary,

If you happen to make it to the Glen, stop by. I usually paddock near the garages and close to Dennis Olthoff. Take care.

Jim

rads42 08-05-2021 01:45 PM

I might try to go on Sunday for the show. I went a couple years ago and it was great. That parade on Thursday sounds like a lot of fun too, has anyone participated in that in years past?

86Sebring 08-05-2021 06:14 PM

This is a fantastic event, our family has been going with the minivan on Mondays for the past 15 years or so. Last year was unfortunately a no spectator event.
Can't wait to go again, the screaming V8s are worth the admission.

HealeyRick 08-07-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbart (Post 1495601)
Jim, back in the 90's when I was vintage racing an Austin Healey with Team Thicko, primarily in the Midwest, we would travel to Lime Rock for the Labor Day weekend event and then do the SVRA Event the following weekend at Watkins Glen. Great memories, I am looking forward to re-visiting Lime Rock and maybe the Glen this year as a spectator. Safe racing to you!
Gary

Gary,

Did you do the Team Healey Challenge at Lime Rock in 1990? One of my best Healey memories. Still keep in touch with some fellow Thickos. The party at John Colgate's was one to remember.

Blackbart 08-09-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HealeyRick (Post 1495703)
Gary,

Did you do the Team Healey Challenge at Lime Rock in 1990? One of my best Healey memories. Still keep in touch with some fellow Thickos. The party at John Colgate's was one to remember.

Rick, I attended every one of the Team Healey Challenge races in 1990 as a spectator and helped out in the Fourintune pits when I could. It was an amazing race series, got to know many of the Brits and Germans that brought their Healey's over from England and Germany. One of my best memories was interviewing John Chatham after the Mid-Ohio event where he explained his strategy for beating Pendergast and Coombs at the upcoming Road America race. "They have the power, but I have the smarts'" Loved it! I just got back from Road America, Elkhart Lake Wi where I met up with some of my old TT teammates after a 20 year absence. It was a blast.