Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   radiators (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/145270-radiators.html)

hauss 10-15-2021 02:09 PM

radiators
 
I have a backdraft with 1" tubes and plastic tanks .I ordered a 3 row square d aluminum and received a 2 row with 1/2" tubes .the old radiator is 1 3/4" thick and the new is 1 1/2" thick. I am told air will flow more through the thinner core but the old radiator has 1" tubes it is a signal pass the new is a 2 row. should I send the aluminum back ? Not sure witch would work better.

NROTOXIN 10-15-2021 02:45 PM

How do you know the old one doesn't work? Are you just swapping parts out by process of elimination?

patrickt 10-15-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1498175)
I have a backdraft with 1" tubes and plastic tanks .I ordered a 3 row square d aluminum and received a 2 row with 1/2" tubes .the old radiator is 1 3/4" thick and the new is 1 1/2" thick. I am told air will flow more through the thinner core but the old radiator has 1" tubes it is a signal pass the new is a 2 row. should I send the aluminum back ? Not sure witch would work better.

I don't know the answer to your question, but the radiator that ERA puts in 427 cars is a Griffin with a 2 x 1.25" core. They tout it as suitable to cool any engine you can possibly fit in to the car. Even monster 700HP FEs that turn the primaries red. Just food for thought.:cool:

cycleguy55 10-15-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1498180)
I don't know the answer to your question, but the radiator that ERA puts in 427 cars is a Griffin with a 2 x 1.25" core. They tout it as suitable to cool any engine you can possibly fit in to the car. Even monster 700HP FEs that turn the primaries red. Just food for thought.:cool:

Yes, detailed here: https://www.erareplicas.com/427/radiator.htm

tonywyso 10-16-2021 07:24 AM

Send it back.

bobcowan 10-16-2021 10:12 AM

- You ordered and payed for a 3 row radiator
- they sent you a 2 row radiator.

Assuming you ordered what you think you ordered, they sent you the wrong part. It happens. Contact the company and get what you paid for. Not complicated at all.

hauss 10-16-2021 04:21 PM

I was having high temp issues caused by malfunctioning msd distributor and old radiator hoses along with a electric fan that was not working properly {bad bearings}. Figured might as well upgrade radiator while I was at it. Even though they sent me wrong radiator If it was better than my existing I was going to use it. Here is what I found out. 1st thinner cores are better for electric fans,less restrictive. 2nd A 1" tube has more surface area than two 1/2" tubes. So I decided to reuse old radiator with the 1" tubes. I also found out that their is a lot of debate on the issue so I was and still am trying to find out more hoping others with more knowledge will share.

byron w 10-20-2021 09:56 AM

Like Patrick stated, Griffin 2 row with two 1 1/4 tubes

hauss 10-20-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byron w (Post 1498355)
Like Patrick stated, Griffin 2 row with two 1 1/4 tubes

A custom radiator would be $$$$$ I am looking for a drop in solution for my car probably going to be a Missimoto, with a lifetime warranty. It is a 3 pass used for 800hp cars Its part of the x-line series.:cool:

LMH 10-21-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1498359)
A custom radiator would be $$$$$ I am looking for a drop in solution for my car probably going to be a Missimoto, with a lifetime warranty. It is a 3 pass used for 800hp cars Its part of the x-line series.:cool:

Just to give you some comparison when you’re looking at cost, my McCord radiator for a 289 was $1700! It’s brass/copper, nothing fancy.

Larry

hauss 10-23-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1498396)
Just to give you some comparison when youíre looking at cost, my McCord radiator for a 289 was $1700! Itís brass/copper, nothing fancy.

Larry

You sure that it not gold? You know some Italian gold is copper color and sounds like that brass may be gold. $$$$$ :o

undy 10-24-2021 05:50 AM

I'm running a Griffin with 2ea 1 1/2" tube passes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubcobra.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by clubcobra.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. clubcobra.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting clubcobra.com. For full policy documentation refer to the following link: