Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   4 way flashers for ERA 575 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/146068-4-way-flashers-era-575-a.html)

frankym 07-04-2022 07:34 PM

4 way flashers for ERA 575

Looking to build on my success fabricating a mechanical backup switch - I put a switch and LED light on dash and would like to add a separate hazard flasher relay and tap into each corner light feed. My research suggests if I provide power to the switch and then to the new flasher relay, i can tap into each marker lamp with a “diode” to make the current move one direction only so that the directional switch continues to work selectively and same for brake lights. Anybody done this using the same method? If anyone can share the ERA wiring diagram that would be awesome. Btw I met some great folks today at the Essex CT car show. There were 6 cobras there. 5 ERAs and 1 Backdraft.

mrmustang 07-05-2022 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankym (Post 1508248)
Looking to build on my success fabricating a mechanical backup switch - I put a switch and LED light on dash and would like to add a separate hazard flasher relay and tap into each corner light feed. My research suggests if I provide power to the switch and then to the new flasher relay, i can tap into each marker lamp with a “diode” to make the current move one direction only so that the directional switch continues to work selectively and same for brake lights. Anybody done this using the same method? If anyone can share the ERA wiring diagram that would be awesome. Btw I met some great folks today at the Essex CT car show. There were 6 cobras there. 5 ERAs and 1 Backdraft.

PM sent

patrickt 07-05-2022 04:30 AM

Quote:

Anybody done this using the same method? If anyone can share the ERA wiring diagram that would be awesome.

C'mon Franky, you gotta start with a search....
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-...-how-pics.html

Blackbart 07-05-2022 05:25 AM

Quote:

Frankym, join fellow ERA owners and several others this weekend in Lake George, NY for the 20th Anniversary of the Summer Fun Run. I'll show you in person how I rigged up my four way flashers on my ERA. If you want details on the event, shoot me a PM.

frankym 07-05-2022 06:57 AM

You guys are awesome. And sorry I was unable to find this info. I have been Cobra less for last 5 years and I forgot how much I enjoy tinkering.

patrickt 07-05-2022 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankym (Post 1508263)
You guys are awesome. And sorry I was unable to find this info. I have been Cobra less for last 5 years and I forgot how much I enjoy tinkering.

The hardest part of the job is lying on your back, with your head under the dash and your legs and feet over the top of the seat. If you have a QR hub on your steering wheel your life will be easier.:cool: