Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Slab Sides ???? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/39398-slab-sides.html)

map 03-10-2003 05:20 AM

Slab Sides ????

Where's all the SLAB SIDE Cobras ? Is it only ME & Mr. Bruce that have SLAB SIDES in this club ? They can't be all 427 & FIA Bodies ? It's time for the Slabbers to stand up and be counted :LOL:

Map

My Junk >>>>>>>>>

Rick Parker 03-10-2003 02:04 PM

Here!!!

map 03-10-2003 03:08 PM

Hey Rick

That's 3 Think we mine hit 4 !!
Rick have any pics??

Map:JEKYLHYDE

Good Junk >>>>>>>>>

southernfriedcj 03-10-2003 03:11 PM

When Kirkham releases one you can count me in!
Map, did you get the CSX # with the body?

map 03-10-2003 03:17 PM

Looks Like were starting a Slab Side Movement **) !! Or Maybe that's the Beans i just ate !:3DSMILE:

Mike/Map

Harris 03-10-2003 03:27 PM

Number 4

MAP,
I have a slabside I'm rebuilding at this time. 347 Stroker kit , from Ford racing, Sportsman block, X303 cam, built C4. I have had the car for about 6 months and drove it with the 302 and a top loader during that period of time.

Harris

Jim Colman 03-10-2003 04:28 PM

Does a Slabside wannabe count? After I sold my 427 S/C car, my dream was to aquire the ORIGINAL Cobra...the Slabside. Maybe after my kids are out of school......????

cheers
Jim

map 03-10-2003 07:03 PM

Harris

You need to fill your Gallery with a bunch of SLAB SIDE Pics !!:LOL: I'm shooting for this summer on mine.
I'm down to bonding & Riviting the body on ..

Mike/map

Harris 03-11-2003 11:57 AM

Slabsides are us!

Mike,
Keep on sandin' and rivitin' bud. We have the originals so to speak, and they are the best! As I'm putting mine back together I ran up against a problem that I didn't know existed...until I pulled the engine. It seems if you are using the early model Mustang (65-66) exhaust, especially on the passenger side you may see some heat damage in the inner top section of the passenger's side footwell. If you have this problem, and do not want to go to side pipes and destroy the originality of the slabside, let me know. I ran across a company that will make custom headers that will solve all your problems.

Good luck,
Harris

map 03-11-2003 06:24 PM

Harris

We fixed that problem ! Mr. Bruce & I built the footBox molds and made them 1 1/2" Shorter on the inside for more Header clearence !:3DSMILE: I build my headers so we fixed most of the Original SLAB Issues :p
I have quite a few miles under my belt in a original SLAB Smokin Sneakers ! %/

Mike/Map351:3DSMILE: