Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   SPF or Unique or ERA - are these the choices? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/43596-spf-unique-era-these-choices.html)

65cobra427 07-31-2003 10:32 AM

SDR

You have gone a long way by finding this forum... Some of the best Cobra owners reside here and can be very helpful in your search... It took me 4 years of independent research to figure out what I wanted... First, I would decide the primary use of the car... I.E. racing, car shows, cruises, etc... Then decide on costs... I.E. low, middle or high... Some of these may be mutually exclusive... I.E. low cost show car etc... Decide whether you want a kit or factory built or turn key minus... Decide on drive train, SB or BB, transmission, rearend etc...

I know this can be a pain but its well worth the effort... And last of all but not least, test drive the brand you decide on... And remember its what you like not what others think... Like what was posted earlier, you can get some good buys on previously owned cars... Just my $.02... Enjoy and welcome to the forum... :cool:

Tongue Pirate 07-31-2003 10:41 AM

SDR, Don't get in a panic! Relax slow down a bit & do some research. To my benefit I didn't have the funds when I caught the fever. I was forced to take my time which led me to the best decision for me. In a rush I wouldn't have been completely satisfied with my choice & would have always had that small burning spot of regret. Do it right the first time! Know what Mfg. & model you want before spending your dough!:cool:

GeorgiaSnake 07-31-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by REAL 1

#1. ERA. Best aesthetics. In a turnkey its fit and finish is top shelf. ERA is very responsive to customers and always helpful.

#2. Spf. Good product. Consistent quality car to car. New cars are available right away as opposed to long wait for ERA.

#3. Unique. Nice car but not as nice as the other two IMHO.

#1 Very Expensive (7 month wait)

#2 Expensive (no FIA)

#3 Best Value on the market (quick delivery, easy build, great folks)

Randy

Tony Radford 07-31-2003 03:05 PM

Yo Randy, nothing like an "unbiased" opinion! Yep, I have to second your post. I don't see how anyone could be anything but enthralled with a Unique. I think that's an Alabama word. But hey, Unique is an Alabama car!

REAL 1 08-01-2003 08:24 AM

Theres a reason theres a wait for ERAs. Its called demand. Further, fine used examples are available immediately. They are in my opinion the "Mercedes" of the glass replicas.

No one indicated an FIA was being considered. Very consistent quality and workmanship. "BMW" of the glass replicas.

Unique is a nice car. The Audi of the three.

Are they all equal. No way.

Yeah. I am biased. Thats what opinions are all about.

streetbeagle 08-01-2003 09:38 AM

SDR:

I also live in Orange county and have been looking as to which Cobra to purchase. I've done the Superformance route but was told to stay away from the House of Cobras. I have been trying to get information on the other south Africa maunfactures. ( have been to both websites) That seems to be the only information availiable. I have been told they are cheaper but both are comparable in quality. However they are turn-key minus as is Superformance.

Have you been to the Crystal cove Promenado (shopping center) on saturday morning. The new gathering place instead of Donut derilicts. Last weekend, there were 14 cobras there.

Let me know and I will meet you at starbucks if you are going.

kingair 08-01-2003 09:59 AM

SDR, we have talked allready, give me a call and let me know how it is going.
Greg

JAM1775 08-01-2003 11:40 AM

I own neither but know various owners of all three . IMO if you are buying used then you should base your decision on the test drive, condition and history of the car. Even if you do not drive all three products you will have the mechanics checked out and you will know if it feels right to you. My guess is the first really good conditioned used replica you jump in will be the one
because you cannot go wrong with any of those makers.
Used depends on sale price and condition. But new ?? I think ERA is the best product of the three from body to cockpit to frame. I would compare SPF and Unique just below ERA but on the same scale to each other all other equipment / accessories being equal. You've chosen three terrific replicas to choose from.