Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Sequential Shifters (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/45365-sequential-shifters.html)

perana 09-16-2003 06:35 AM

Sequential Shifters

Check out www.renagate.com for halfway decent Seq.Shift
Have fitted one in my XA falcon coupe ....saves 8 secs a lap round Pukekohe track**)

Doug I 09-16-2003 08:35 AM

I wonder how many others know where Pukekohe is ? :-)

perana 09-17-2003 04:47 PM

ex grand prix track circa 50's - 60's now included in Australias V8 supercars season ......location 35 miles south of Auckland

Bart Carter 09-18-2003 08:19 AM

I love the concept.

Now, make that throw shorter and available for a T-56 and I am a buyer.

Samurai 09-18-2003 10:39 AM

Out of curiosity, how do you get into reverse?

Samurai

Doug I 09-18-2003 02:01 PM

Reverse is easy ....

in first, turn wheel hard left or right, blip gas and pop clutch. Practice will tell how bigger 'blip' and when to let off and disengage clutch. Not suggested in crowded parking lots.

750hp 09-19-2003 07:32 AM

So, is halfway decent Kiwi speak for "bloody awesome", or is it just OK? I have a bullnose toploader in the garage that could go into a little toy in the future.

Do you ever miss a gear? Have you done any mods internally - like removing the synchros and going with straight cut gears?

Who's making your Daytona body?

Is the cammer complete? New heads or originals?

Is that enough questions for now? ;)

perana 09-19-2003 09:06 PM

ok y'all got me ....halfway decent is kiwi for f@#kin' awesome
im hammering out my own body as well as built my own chassis and engine
The heads are originals (may be sacrilege using classic castings but can't afford new
shift pattern..................
R
N
once set up shifter works perfect..... haven't missed a gear yet in 200 laps

Doug I 09-19-2003 09:42 PM

and here in Louisiana they sometimes get confused when I tell them i'm a real southern boy ..... like there isn't anything further south than Louisiana ....

is there a 5 & 6-sp variant ?

750hp 09-20-2003 05:43 AM

Hammering out your own body? Wow! You've obviously been playing with cars for a while then :D I downloaded the video of the shifter, and all I kept thinking they could have used some footage that showed some nice fast, consecutive upchanges or downchanges - BTCC or WRC style. Pathetic video in comparison..... The guy seemed to push the stick different lengths dependant on which gear he was going for. Is this really the case?

Be sure to keep us updated on the coupe....