Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2023, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

Went by a local breakfast place. An older couple were leaving and asked if they could look at my car. Old man walks up to my car and taps it and gets in his truck. Lady walks back in.

"My husband says your cars a fake but I still like it"!
CowtownCobra likes this.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:17 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

You can't please everyone. His problem not ours
Harpoon PV2 likes this.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Took the Cobra to a popular car gathering at a diner. Spent most of the day looking at the multitude of various cars in attendance. Later in the day wife & I had dinner at the diner as the show was winding down. When we were walking back to Cobra, one of only a few cars left from the show, sun had set and the parking lot overhead lights were on. I see two couples standing near my Cobra. As we approached, one of the women asked if it was my car, to which I responded affirmatively. Her response was, “thank god, we’ve been waiting for over an hour, our husbands wouldn’t leave until they heard the car start. I started the Cobra and gave them the expedited tour, as I’m sure the ladies weren’t up for more than that. The two guys were thoroughly enjoying checking out the Cobra and I’m sure could have spent the rest of the night talking with me about it.
At another car gathering I attended, while paying my entrance fee, I shut the engine down, to be able to converse with the person checking me in. One of the men standing at the check in area asked me why I shut the engine off. I responded, “so I can here you”, his response was “start it up, I want to listen to it”!
Tommy, Alfa02 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 06-19-2023, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster '92 build Cleveland 351
Not Ranked     

Up here in Toronto ON we don't have many Cobras.Icould probably count them on one hand and I've only seen three other ones myself.Mine is a Classics Roadster built in 1992.It's showing it's age -but it is a Cobra.I get all the funstuff - guys pulling up to the house and taking pictures and videos.But the kids are the best- the smiles and enthusiasm are priceless.Had a strange one last week though.Pulled in to my gas station and a guy in suit comes over to talk about the car-usual stuff-then he asks me if I want to rent it !After seeing my surprised look he says No-No -not to drive.I would like to use it in photo shoot for my clothing store.I thought of all the beautiful cars on this site and like I said mine is looking a little tired but I said OK and gave him my number.He never called.
RugbyRef likes this.
Old 06-19-2023, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster '92 build Cleveland 351
Not Ranked     

Up here in Toronto ON we don't have many Cobras.Icould probably count them on one hand and I've only seen three other ones myself.Mine is a Classics Roadster built in 1992.It's showing it's age -but it is a Cobra.I get all the funstuff - guys pulling up to the house and taking pictures and videos.But the kids are the best- the smiles and enthusiasm are priceless.Had a strange one last week though.Pulled in to my gas station and a guy in auit comes over to talk about the car-usual stuff-then he asks me if I want to rent it !After seeing my surprised look he says No-No -not to drive.I would like to use it in photo shoot for my clothing store.I thought of all the beautiful cars on this site and like I said mine is looking a little tired but I said OK and gave him my number.He never called.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA, 347 CI
Not Ranked     

Took my daughter for a ride a couple of days ago and stopped by a house down the street occupied by two of my daughter's co-workers. We were having a nice conversation, and my daughter and one of the women were talking about work, which generally dominates the conversation when they are together. The other was standing a little apart and had a strange look on her face. Thinking she was upset, I asked her if everything was "all right".

She shook her head as if being broken from a trance and said "Sorry, I really didn't hear what you said....I've been really distracted by looking at your car!"
Tommy and RugbyRef like this.

Last edited by Laughing_Jakal; 06-22-2023 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 08-30-2023, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MkIII S/C,Roush 427SR(351W),5 Spd
Not Ranked     
Default Both sides of the coin...

Got a haircut today, usually my beautician is the only one there as I come in at closing. I went at "prime time" today (for the salon), parked right in front of the front door, and it took me an additional twenty minutes after she was done with lowering my ears to talk to the other seven stylists there to explain what the car was and it's history was since they had no clue what that sexy car was (yep, two of them said it out loud).

My other recent recognition on Sunday was a ~85+ YO lady that I pulled up to next at a light on her left, just idling at 900 RPM (with the large cam lope) waiting for a light. Her window was down on the minivan, she looked over and then rolled up her window. I didn't get on it after rolling thru the light until I was well past her in case she had a medical condition.
Old 08-31-2023, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

We recently pulled the trigger on replacing the old, rotting cedar deck boards (no small task- 1200 sqft) with new composite decking. We decided, at my wife's & my age, to have it done by professionals.

As it turns out, the lead carpenter was a car guy. A few days after the crew started at lunch time, I was talking to the guys. They asked what I used the workshop for at the back of my property. So, I took them for a tour.

In the shop was my half-finished Lotus 7 replica. The lead mentioned he had once built a Cobra replica. I then took them to the front garage attached to the house to show them the newly returned CR from the paint shop. Chad was quiet but intently focused on the descriptions of what it was (not an original, but my desire of Cobra style car) and how I had progressed with the build.

He then confessed that when he was 19, he had ordered a FFR Mk1 and used his recently totaled Mustang as a donor. His Dad was skeptical and said neither he nor his son had the know how to complete such a project. As it turned out, it was a disaster. Nothing was fitting right, and he could not figure out what was wrong. He ended up selling the car at about a $10k loss without even being able to drive it. It left him bitter; his dream of a Cobra was destroyed.

But looking at another car and his gain of knowledge of mechanics after 25 yrs of experience working on motorcycles, he went home and told his wife he wants to try to build another kit.

She told him she thought it was not a good idea for he and I to be together to talk cars.
Alfa02 and Harpoon PV2 like this.