Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Is thus good ??? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/51255-thus-good.html)

Gi8avett 03-04-2004 08:08 PM

Is this good ???

Is this kind of engine good for a replica 65 cobra-351 stroker crate engine from Ford Motorsport. I wanna buy the 65 cobra but i know some info. Miles on it are 8550. Was built by Superperformance . Are they good. The owner says it was a 351 but stroke it to a 393 cid. It was built 5 years ago. So anyway tell me if this cobra is good or not. Thank You:)

CSX 4027 03-05-2004 05:22 AM

Sounds fine

Do a compression and leakdown test since you don't know if those miles were do 1/4 mile at a time or not. That could be a lot of miles for a high performance motor depending on how it was driven.

trularin 03-05-2004 06:15 AM

Depends, are you buying to drive on the street or race?

You left out the H in your name, "Gih8avett" Good choice though!

Gi8avett 03-05-2004 09:14 AM

CSX 4027 Do a compression and leakdown test since you don't know if those miles were do 1/4 mile at a time or not. That could be a lot of miles for a high performance motor depending on how it was driven. - Ok thanks but is this enginge good or what?

trularin Depends, are you buying to drive on the street or race?

You left out the H in your name, "Gih8avett" Good choice though!

Ill be drive on street no race track but wanna drag on the street so wanna know if this car sounds good or what. Also i didnt meen gihavet my name is gi8avett. Like in gi ate avett get it.

CSX 4027 03-05-2004 09:24 AM

Good

Good for the car
Good for you to drive
Good mechanically? That's what I was trying to give the heads up for. Strokers are good for the street.

Gi8avett 03-05-2004 11:22 AM

this is the one i wanna buy http://www.showroomclassics.com/sear...om:auto:SRC933

tell me what you think ?

CSX 4027 03-05-2004 11:53 AM

Car

Looks good. What's the price?

trularin 03-05-2004 02:52 PM

Given your info

Hey, excellent choice. The stuff that csx4027 said is very good. I would take his advice. The car looks like it would be fun to drive.

Welcome to the club, and don't be a stranger!

:3DSMILE:

klayfish 03-05-2004 05:01 PM

Gi,
The car looks nice. Guess it just depends on the $$$. I also agree with the advice given. The motor sounds great, but have it checked. If it was raced hard, it may be ready for some work.

Steve

Gi8avett 03-06-2004 12:02 AM

they want $45,000.00 for it.

decooney 03-06-2004 12:34 AM

Also..appears to have the older simulated knock-off (bolt on) wheels and not Trigos or the newer SPF knockoffs. Looks clean but you really should consider a FULL engine and drivetrain check by a good mechanic. Have it put up on a lift and checked... Price and what to offer can truly vary depending on what you actually get or will have to do to the car after you buy it. Good luck.

CSX 4027 03-06-2004 09:20 AM

Price

For the price of a rebuild, it sounds like you can get a brand new SFF with the trigo's. If you want that one, have the motor thoroughly checked by a shop and negotiate the price. I see around $35K-$39K tops with the mileage.