Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Brent, Ron ,someone (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/52761-brent-ron-someone.html)

G.R. 04-16-2004 04:42 PM

Brent, Ron ,someone

I use MSN hotmail/e-mail, we have Norton/Symantec, running Windows XP pro--I used to recieve e-mail notifictation for threads etal. Now I get nothing. I've tried everything on my end with no result, including turning off Norton.

Msn did an update awhile back and it seemed that not long after that was when I quit recieving e-mail notification.

Is it a problem with CC or on my end?? I think one or two others may have experienced this also from a few comments in threads I've read.

Thanks

computerworks 04-16-2004 04:44 PM

Brent can check in on this... he ran down some of the issues that were not CC's problem, but the ISP's mail system. One was AOL...don't recall any prior problems with Hotmail.

Is that your only e-mail address?

computerworks 04-16-2004 04:47 PM

I just sent you a message thru the forum's mail-out system...see if you get it.

G.R. 04-16-2004 05:07 PM

No e-mail

No Ron nothing came through from CC. My regular e-mail : hc38t@msn.com works fine but CC thread notification and e-mail, messages from members never show up.

Brent Mills 04-16-2004 05:11 PM

Damn it! You'd think I could get that friggin thing worked out...I work at the company for darn sakes... :D

I pinged them a while back to get this fixed and will do so again. MSN and Hotmail have this site on the poop list for some reason. Damn spammers piss me off....Ruining it for the good stuff too.

computerworks 04-16-2004 05:12 PM

(turns to crowd)...Anyone else with an @msn.com e-mail address having similar problems?

weekendwarrior 04-16-2004 05:26 PM

HI Ron,

Using Hotmail as my public email and no notifications are coming in at all.

Gary

Brent Mills 04-16-2004 05:28 PM

This case is a little different than the AOL thing. There my logs indicated everything went through ok but AOL killed the mail after it reached their servers. Here, I have logs indicating that their servers are turning me away.

:(

decooney 04-16-2004 05:50 PM

I'm through a different ISP, comcast.net, and not receiving notifications either for the last week or more...

Brent Mills 04-16-2004 05:52 PM

Great..... Thanks for the good news Duane. :)