Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Attn Mr. computerworks: Lost floating toolbar (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/53425-attn-mr-computerworks-lost-floating-toolbar.html)

chopper 05-04-2004 09:27 PM

Attn Mr. computerworks: Lost floating toolbar

Mr computerworks:

I have a minor problem with the site here. I have a Mac G-4 running OS 9.2. I normally use Netscape for cruising the site because IE seems to hang up a bit. I was using an old version of Netscape 4.5 and recently switched to Netscape 7.0. Since I did that, the little floating toolbar which normally sits at the top of the screen to allow me to directly select different forums has disappeared. It worked with the older version but it doesn't even appear with the newer one. I have Javascript enabled and cookies on. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

computerworks 05-04-2004 09:42 PM

The top menu (floating) is indeed Javascript.

You said it's turned on...just doublecheck the following...

Enabling Javascript using Netscape Navigator 7.0
Choose Edit from the top menu bar.
Select the item Preferences.
Expand the Advanced Category.
Select the Sub Category Scripts & Plugins.
Beneath the Area labeled Enable Javascript for check the box next to Navigator.
Make sure the boxes in the Allow webpages to: area are all checked.
Click OK to save and return to Netscape Navigator.
Close and restart Netscape Navigator for the changes to load.

I'll check tomorrow about any Mac-related issues

chopper 05-04-2004 09:45 PM

Yes, thanks, I double-checked and all is as you recommend. The menu is still absent. I'll await any further info. Thanks.

Brent Mills 05-04-2004 10:02 PM

Netscraper seems to not like the floating bar.

G.R. 05-04-2004 10:49 PM

Am I still the only MSN user not able to get thread or e-mail updates? I've checked everything on my end and it is working fine. Other forums etc I get thread updates and recieve e-mail notification.
Stumped?

Brent Mills 05-04-2004 11:53 PM

Still working on that one...Hoping to have it fixed soon.

G.R. 05-05-2004 11:03 PM

Brent,
It seems to be working now for me Thank you and your magical touch:)

Brent Mills 05-05-2004 11:12 PM

Great! This hasn't been working for a while now though, right? So the fact that you got mail is definately affirmation it's working...I hope...

G.R. 05-05-2004 11:14 PM

Right on Brent-- everything is working--get mail now on threads I've posted to--Thanks again

chopper 05-06-2004 10:05 AM

OK, so do we have a solution for the disappearing floating menu bar yet?

Brent Mills 05-06-2004 10:20 AM

Only solution is your older netscape browser or IE. I don't have any control over what the browser software does/doesn't do.

Sorry man.