Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Kirkey Vintage Race Seats (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/80704-kirkey-vintage-race-seats.html)

SPF1061 07-18-2007 08:40 AM

Kirkey Vintage Race Seats

I am thinking of trying one of these in my SPF. To anyone who has this seat
in their car:
How do you like it (or not)?
How comfortable are they?
Are they practical for a street driven car that gets occasional track use?
Any other comments?
Could you possibly post a picture?
Are you close to Richmond, VA so that I could come over and sit in it? :LOL:
Thanks for any help.

Steve
SPF1061

blykins 07-18-2007 09:05 AM

I had one in my Cobra that I sold. It liked it very much. It hugged me pretty well and gave lots of support in the sides and under the legs. The foam cover that is offered would make it pretty comfortable.

Power Surge 07-18-2007 09:38 AM

Steve Sunshine (CSX4027) here on the forums, sells a replica Ken Miles Comp seat. It's custom fit to your body specs. Do search, or just PM him for info.

DavidinDurango 07-18-2007 11:24 AM

Have one in the Kirkham.

With some modification (I need extra lumbar support for EVERY seat.) it is great.

I cannot access pictures from work (they think I should be . . .what? working?) - pm me and I can send some tonite.

Jamo 07-18-2007 12:51 PM

Hmmm...for some reason, the Kirky seemed tight to me when I sat in one.

Must be the seat.

SPF1061 07-18-2007 01:03 PM

The Kirkey Vintage comes in 16/17/18" widths. Maybe it was the narrow version and just couldn't handle your big A$$. :D ;) :D

Jamo 07-18-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPF1061
The Kirkey Vintage comes in 16/17/18" widths. Maybe it was the narrow version and just couldn't handle your big A$$. :D ;) :D

Ya think? :LOL:

Actually, according to the car owner, it was the wide one, but thanks for the kind remark. :p

Naumoff 07-18-2007 02:35 PM

I have a comp seat in my car and I really like it. 200 mile cruise the other day and very comfortable. Better support than a stock Cobra seat as the seat holds you instead of you sitting on the seat. It is not a Kirkey but a vintage replica from Sterling Replicars.

Check out my gallery.

Jamo, it was definately the seat.:)

sharpe 1 07-18-2007 03:07 PM

I like mine very much. Make sure it fits you.You must learn to get in and out of it as it has high sides.Keeps your bottom firmly in place.

SPF1061 07-20-2007 06:08 AM

Thanks to all for the feedback!

Calbullet 07-20-2007 07:19 AM

sharpe 1
can you post a pic of your mounting bracket. are your bolted or are the adjustable? thinking of changing my seats

sharpe 1 07-20-2007 11:30 AM

I am the only one driving my car. Its bolted to the frame rails at my adjustment size.
sharpe 1