Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   F-22 Raptor Video (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/85236-f-22-raptor-video.html)

Tom Kirkham 02-14-2008 08:54 AM

F-22 Raptor Video

Wow what a plane. The video is of the F-22 doing it first public display at Langley AFB.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the Gallery.

F-22 Raptor Team Web Site

blykins 02-14-2008 09:01 AM

Tom, you post more airplane videos than car videos LOL

Maybe you guys should switch to making Migs....:D

undy 02-14-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blykins (Post 815059)
Tom, you post more airplane videos than car videos LOL

Maybe you guys should switch to making Migs....:D

After-burner envy???:LOL: All Cobra mfrs want their Cobras to "fly"..:eek:

FIA-ERA 02-14-2008 10:26 AM

Hey Tom, I sent you a PM. Thanks, Matt.

thudmaster 02-14-2008 10:33 AM

I would like to see one of them made into a wild weasel............

SPF2245 02-14-2008 10:37 AM

I do like the raptor...however, leave it to the Russians of all screwed up nations to out do us in aircraft. The Su-35 may not be as stealthy...but enjoy this video on how much better it's roll rates are...and I love the US Airmen taking photos;)

YouTube - SU-35

sidewaysinthird 02-15-2008 09:56 AM

Loved both videos, especially all those low speed maneuvers. Enough power will allow you to stand it on the tail for a long time.

I can't imagine either country letting us see exactly how well either plane would perform. There must be some ex-fighter jocks on here somewhere that can talk about roll rates. My only experience with fast roll rates is from a Pitts.

Thanks for the links guys....

llama man 02-15-2008 10:14 AM

See it in person.

The Raptor has confirmed its appearance at this year's AirVenture (Oshkosh, WI). This is the BIG EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) gathering. The event runs July 28-August 3 while the Raptor will perform Friday, August 1 - Sunday, August 3. Last years shows ended with a fly-by of a P-51, F-15 and the F-22 Raptor. That was worth the price of admission!

CHANMADD 02-15-2008 10:42 AM

When we were at the Las Vegas birthday bash the F22 were doing circuits above the track... Awesome!!!!

Trueoo7 02-15-2008 12:50 PM

I never seen a plane (SU-35) brake to an almost complete stop in mid-air. What an amazing thing to be able to do.

Jamo 02-15-2008 01:59 PM

The Russkie is performing what is sometimes called a "Cobra" maneuver...

Power Surge 02-15-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPF2245 (Post 815094)
I do like the raptor...however, leave it to the Russians of all screwed up nations to out do us in aircraft. The Su-35 may not be as stealthy...but enjoy this video on how much better it's roll rates are...and I love the US Airmen taking photos;)

YouTube - SU-35

That plane just looks like an F-15 with two extra forward wings.

Rich A 02-15-2008 02:51 PM

Ah, see them all the time. nothing special unless you get a ride in one.