Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Rear fender spats/stone guards (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/85299-rear-fender-spats-stone-guards.html)

pasnbyu 02-16-2008 06:04 PM

Rear fender spats/stone guards

Need some advice on where to find stoneguards for rear fenders. Have only found one manufacturer that offers a vinyl one with a lift-a-dot fastener up top. Are there others available and made out of other materials? Stick-on? Screw-on? Glue-on? Whatever...
Bob

jdog 02-16-2008 06:21 PM

Clear bra

I have the clear vinyl ones from Finish Line. You can hardly see them!:)

jdog

Cobra 29 02-16-2008 06:45 PM

Bob, who is that manufacturer?

SoTxButler 02-16-2008 07:32 PM

verycoolparts.com has clear spats

1985 CCX 02-16-2008 07:47 PM

HRE in NY did mine, call Bill

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...m/HPIM0766.JPG

jwd 02-16-2008 08:00 PM

You can buy the clear 3M stuff for less than $10 and do it yourself. Easy & simple.
3M eStore: Scotchgard Paint Protection Film

GlynMeek 02-16-2008 08:18 PM

While we are on this subject, I DO have the clear plastic ones from Finishline, and they are EXCELLENT, but can anyone tell me where to get the polished stainless ones? I REALLY want to get some as I think they look spectacular. Does one have to get them custom built at a local shop, or is there a centralized source? (I suspect not, since all manufacturers have slightly different 'curves').

If anyone had them made, can you tell me what sort of place you went to, how much they cost you, and did you have to leave your car for them to get the correct fit?

Glyn

Baz 02-16-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlynMeek (Post 815962)
While we are on this subject, I DO have the clear plastic ones from Finishline, and they are EXCELLENT, but can anyone tell me where to get the polished stainless ones? I REALLY want to get some as I think they look spectacular. Does one have to get them custom built at a local shop, or is there a centralized source? (I suspect not, since all manufacturers have slightly different 'curves').

If anyone had them made, can you tell me what sort of place you went to, how much they cost you, and did you have to leave your car for them to get the correct fit?

Glyn

Glyn. The world is a small place now.

We Aussies buy stuff on the web from USA for our cars. I can't see any reason why you can't do the same and buy your stuff from Aussieland.

A bloke by the name of Don Pilling has a Cobra parts and accessories business near Brisbane in Queensland. He calls his Company, 'Snake Bite.'

I purchased my polished stainless stone guards from him as well as a heap of other stuff. At the moment, I'm half way through my build. Feel free to check out my 'Gallery'.

Before I put them onto the rear guards, I will be putting the 3m Paint Protection under the stone guards as a bit of additional protection.

His email address is:-
products@snakebite.com.au

His web site is:-
Snake Bite: Cobra Parts & Accessories for your AC Cobra 427, Cobra Kit, Ford/Shelby Cobra, Cobra Replica, Cobra Kit Car. Just click on the 'Exterior' display box and you will find the stone guards you are after under that category

Why don't you contact him and let him know that you have a Lonestar Classic then see what he can do for you. Mine wer $AU355 for the pair.

Let us know how you get on.

Baz.

GlynMeek 02-16-2008 09:56 PM

Baz...thanks mate! The world is indeed a smaller place, and I thank you for this info!

Glyn

cobra427hp 02-16-2008 10:13 PM

Check Europaspares.com or Cobraspares.com

TButtrick 02-17-2008 03:46 AM

I got my clear vinyl from DickBlick and made my own.

undy 02-17-2008 05:04 AM

I got my carbon fiber spats from Factory Five and they fit my Lone Star perfectly!

Juggernaut 02-17-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasnbyu (Post 815925)
Need some advice on where to find stoneguards for rear fenders. Have only found one manufacturer that offers a vinyl one with a lift-a-dot fastener up top. Are there others available and made out of other materials? Stick-on? Screw-on? Glue-on? Whatever...
Bob

Bob, I got mine from Finishline, didn't put them on yet, but I heard a lot of good things about them. These are cling-on, just apply using a soapy water solution.

Randy