Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   SPF Coupe VS FFR Coupe (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/90510-spf-coupe-vs-ffr-coupe.html)

Jamo 08-25-2008 10:49 PM

VetteManGro...that is not a private message. As it states, it is an e-mail notification of a post that you have posted on. You may set your preferences so that you do not receive such notifications.

Obviously, this is not a children's site...nor is it a gutter, and corrective actions are being taken for the outbursts. But caveat emptor as the saying goes.

Ron61 08-26-2008 01:53 AM

I am in the process of having the computer taken off and the fuel injection removed from Tony's Coupe. It was messing up and didn't run well and we have no one up here that even knows how to start to work on one, so I am having it changed back to a carb. All of the racing stuff will remain. There will be a horsepower loss down to around 450 according to the engine guy, but that is more than enough for me. He has had the car for over a year now and still isn't getting it done and I am about ready to sell it back to Tony as he has expressed an interest in it. I talked to him yesterday and he said he has to get it to his shop and on the rack to change out the fuel pump and check a couple of other things and then a 4 wheel alignment and it will be ready to start driving. Of course he has been telling me that exact same thing for the past 8 months. Tony if he doesn't get it in and do some of that stuff this week like he said, I will PM you and we can talk about you having it back. If he would stop lying and work on it he could have it finished and ready for testing in a week at most now.

Ron :(

Jamo 08-26-2008 01:59 AM

Ron

Eh...none of my business (and quite possibly nobody else's around here), but wouldn't that discussion be better in private?

Ron61 08-26-2008 02:14 AM

Jamo,

Probably correct and as I said, if things don't come together I will PM Tony and we will discuss that part in private. I just wanted to let people know that I wasn't having the car completely destroyed. And when I mentioned the engine guy, I don't think it is the one you may have thought. This guy builds nearly all of the racing engines for the drag and circle cars up here and is very good. Anyway, taking your suggestion and will take it off line if I have any more to say about the work.

Edit: This post was not to bad mouth the engine builder as he has done work for me in the past and is the best we have up here. I am just frustrated at the fact he keeps taking in more work than he can do and my car and another that he has had for almost 2 years keeps getting pushed back.

Ron

Ron61 08-26-2008 07:15 AM

Just a question that may sound crazy. I have only been in one Superformance Coupe and on that one the side pipes were just for looks as the exhaust exited under the car and out the back. Is this the normal way they are built or did the owner modify it that way? I know he said he liked it because his wife didn't get any burns. On my Factory 5, the pipes are set back enough that it is hard to burn yourself on them but it could be done.

And for my above post about the work I am having done, Tony and I have know each other for some time and I would have bought his Unique 427 side oiler when he sold it except that was why I had to sell my roadster. The heat here is just to much for me to drive around in an open car any more and enjoy it. When Tony sold me the Coupe it was because he didn't have room for it and his CSX and GT-40, and he asked me then if I ever decided to sell it if I would give him first chance. I told him I would and if I decide to sell it he will get first shot at it. As far as comparisons, I haven't been in enough Superformance Coupes to really say much, but the one I was in and the ones that I have seen look like very nice cars to me. I love the Factory 5 and all of the work that Tony had did to it and he has kept in touch with me trying to jog the engine builder to get it finished. So as for one being better than the other, I really don't know. I guess it is like most of these cars and comes down to what the owner actually likes. I like the fact mine has all the stuff to make it track legal and it is well built.

Ron :)

CoupedUp 08-26-2008 07:34 AM

Ron,
The SPF Coupes can be ordered either way - side or rear exit exhaust. You could burn yourself either way as the exhaust goes through the "sidepipes" whether it exits side or rear. They get hot either way. I have open sidepipes on mine and prefer it as it seems to reduce backpressure and engine heat.

Doug

Ron61 08-26-2008 08:01 AM

Doug,

Thanks for the answer. Now I wonder why he said he couldn't get burned on his side pipes. I know that mine set back on the Factory 5, but you can still touch them if you don't watch it. Not nearly as easily as on the roadster though. My side pipes are open also and I like them that way.

Ron :)