Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Zddp (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/93217-zddp.html)

CobraEd 11-24-2008 07:10 AM

Zddp

http://eastwood.resultspage.com/sear...=custom&w=zddp

Bob In Ct 11-24-2008 07:45 AM

Or you can use Redline, 1,200 PPM ZDDP (Zinc Dialkyl Dithio Phosphate) even in their 5W-30. Redline also sells ZDDP additive. Mobil1 has 800 PPM in their 5w-30. I had the Redline 5W-30 tested and the testing backed-up their numbers.

www.redlineoil.com

Redline is available at
www.hrpworld.com
Bob

zrayr 11-24-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob In Ct (Post 900069)
Or you can use Redline, 1,200 PPM ZDDP (Zinc Dialkyl Dithio Phosphate) even in their 5W-30. Redline also sells ZDDP additive. Mobil1 has 800 PPM in their 5w-30. I had the Redline 5W-30 tested and the testing backed-up their numbers.

www.redlineoil.com

Redline is available at
www.hrpworld.com
Bob

I use Mobil 1 15W-50. It has 1200 ppm ZDDP also.

Z. Ray

Wayne Maybury 11-24-2008 10:43 AM

Stp

I contacted STP a couple or years ago when we first discussed this topic. They told me that their oil additive contains a high level of ZDDP.

Unfortunately, even the diesel motor oils like Rotella T now contain reduced amounts of ZDDP but I believe that they tend to still have more than most oils for gasoline motors.

Wayne

Nedsel 11-24-2008 12:12 PM

I think you will find that Mobil has been reducing the amount of zinc in their oils. The old SL-rated Mobil 1 may have had 12000 ppm of ZDDP, but the new SM designation has reduced that. Better check the specific formula of the new oil, or use the SL variety as long as possible.

Blas 11-24-2008 01:23 PM

There was a motorcycle oil additive that was very high in the ZDDP levels...
I try and find it unless someone remembers the mane of the product...Don't remember if it was a 2-cycle or 4-cycle oil additive.......

Bob In Ct 11-24-2008 01:44 PM

I may be incorrect, but I'll bet you can have too much viscosity and/or too much ZDDP.

Do you really want 1,800 PPM ZDDP? Is 15W-50 too thick for a typical street engine? When does the oil stop going through the engine and start going out the by-pass valve?

Bob

acmjg 11-24-2008 02:05 PM

Valvoline VR1

How about Valvoline VR1? I was told that it has a high ZDDP content.

scootter 11-24-2008 02:18 PM

VR1 states that it has higher levels of ZDDP in their oils. The only problem they don't make a 10-40. I used their 20-50 in the past and it was like pouring honey into the engine.

I bought a box of the ZDDP from the distributor that I've been using.

Scott

Randy Rosenberg 11-24-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootter (Post 900171)
I bought a box of the ZDDP from the distributor that I've been using.

Scott

I found some on ebay and bot it...