Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Going to the Monterey Historics. Anyone else going? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/98712-going-monterey-historics-anyone-else-going.html)

Brent Mills 08-02-2009 11:40 PM

Going to the Monterey Historics. Anyone else going?

Sherrie and I will be down there at least Friday and Saturday...I'll be floating around and will be toting a bunch of camera gear, so if you see me before I see you, be sure to say hi!

Not quite sure what we'll be doing for a hotel (last second decision), but maybe an inflatable bed in the back of the expedition will do the trick in a pinch! So, if you see an expedition parked in a random parking lot with a nightlight on, it's me dorking around on the computer and probably squating on someone's wirelesss connection....just knock :D

PANAVIA 08-03-2009 12:54 AM

K and I are down for the whole week, We will be staying in Carmel Valley. I would dig seeing folks down there. Trying to get some things scheduled; meeting up with Lance from Hilbank and Todd from Roush.

-- maybe we should try to get an informal/formal thing together.

-- Friday will be at the Quail , Bohnams, Dinner then RM. -Saturday at the races ....

csx wnab 08-03-2009 06:19 AM

hey steve, look me up at the track. i'll be crewchiefing a 1937 triumph mono posto. and of course i'll be showing off my handy work in my cobra.

razerwire 08-03-2009 06:46 AM

Norcal will have car corral saturday down by turn 3.

Bxx1 08-03-2009 09:30 AM

I will be down there this year .... and will keep my eyes open for you all. Wed. Aug. 12- Aug. 16. I understand the Baja Cantina in Carmel is a great meeting place... ever been there? :)
Ron

Jamo 08-03-2009 09:39 AM

Lori and I will be at the Historics on Saturday...just in/out for the day. Got tickets for the Flag Room but taking field trips around the place throughout the day. Sunshine (or maybe JohnnyBoy pretending to be Sunshine) said he'll be around as well...

1985 CCX 08-03-2009 09:41 AM

Brent

Please post photos after you get back............:cool:

Brent Mills 08-03-2009 09:56 AM

Jeff, I will be doing that for sure.

Jamo, what's the flag room? Any tips for a newbie?

Tony Ripepi 08-03-2009 10:02 AM

Hi Brent,

Jan and I will be there, my Cobra CSX4264 will be there in the Superformance booth on display and for sale.

Looking forward to seeing you and Sherrie.

Tony R.

Jamo 08-03-2009 10:18 AM

Brent...Flag Room...este es muy goodo...

Big-assed VIP tent overlooking the track between turns 4 and 5, just over the footbridge from the mfg displays, next to several corrals, VIP bathrooms, buffet and snacks/drinks throughout day, comfortable table/chairs seating, VIP parking just down the road, etc.

Assolutely great basecamp for the day. Do it for the wifey...trust me on this.

Just look in the tickets area of the website...you'll be getting them at will call at this point.

Igofastr 08-03-2009 12:38 PM

I'll be there. Haven't decided to the cobra. If I do, can I park in the car corral?

Razorwire?

Brent Mills 08-03-2009 12:47 PM

Jamo, I have a media pass for me...but I'll need to get her the Flag Room tickets.

razerwire 08-03-2009 03:55 PM

Go to norcal website there is phone number and adress for car corral pass.

decooney 08-03-2009 06:29 PM

Hey

Brent,

FYI: Gary/Gordon will be there with the Blue #52 USRRC 289 Cobra, you know the one from the Bash. If you get a chance, stop by in the pits and say hello to Gary. You'll need to remind him your from CC... you might see his silver slabside around there too. I have a place to shack up in Carmel, but not sure if I will go last minute or not. Have a great time, its worth doing at least once.

We'll be down there a month later for CH1. :)
DC

Brent Mills 08-05-2009 08:16 AM

I'll do that, Duane, thanks!

rjbh20 08-10-2009 09:27 AM

Just learned from a friend that the Portola Plaza, which is the hotel where the RM auction is held, has rooms available. Since this place usually sells out a year in advance, it sounds like the turnout may be a little thin this year.

Jamo 08-10-2009 12:49 PM

Yup, and you don't have to book for four nights, which is a usual requirement. Just picked up Saturday night...but it ain't cheap.