Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   All Racing Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-racing-talk/)
-   -   Cobra racing video, different angles (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-racing-talk/111473-cobra-racing-video-different-angles.html)

Tulsa cobra 06-30-2011 06:00 AM

Cobra racing video, different angles

Just finish editing the video, I think it turned out well enough. I used imovie11, which I just got two days ago and never made a video before.

The camera is the HD Drift Stealth. I highly recommend it over the gopro. The ability to rotate lens, external mic, have an LCD screen, and remote start really makes a big difference.

Going again in August and already trying out new camera and just as importantly, mic placements.

YouTube - ‪427 Backdraft Cobra, Hallett Speedway‬‏

Tulsa cobra 06-30-2011 06:01 AM

Also if anybody knows how to "embed" the video, I think that is what someone told me to do when I post video on a forum. Don't have a clue what it is or what it means.

LREYBURN 06-30-2011 07:02 AM

How to bed your baby...

To embed your video, which by the way is Great!...just take the portion after the = symbol in the YouTube address and post it in this fashion: [yt].....[yt] ("ltLLt_40JaI"between the brackets.) In the second bracket set place a forward slash (/) before the YT.

Best Wishes and Keep the video flowing.

D-CEL 06-30-2011 08:55 AM

Cool video

small correction:

"Kick the tires and light the fires big daddy"
was was said by Harry Connick Jr. in "Independence Day"

Clois Harlan 06-30-2011 10:01 AM

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks at Hallett Aug 6 & 7. Great Video by the way. I can especially relate to the last minute or so. I did the same thing on the front streetch at a little over 100 mph a few years ago. Got a standing ovation from the crowd!!!

Clois Harlan

JBCOBRA 06-30-2011 10:05 AM

Gotta Love an Honest Man:D
Great video

Clois Harlan 06-30-2011 10:11 AM

Hallett

about 1.5 mins into this video there is a nice shot of Larry Reyburn in his #15 Blue/White Daytona Coupe. I am not trying to hijack your thread but this shows some of the elevation of Hallett and the runoff areas which at that time was pretty important.

YouTube - ‪Ford & shelby national-Hallet Raceway‬‏

Kevin, here is another one of our friends that will be here during our TNT weekend:

mikegt40 - KitCars.com
YouTube - ‪mikeGT40‬‏

Tulsa cobra 06-30-2011 12:23 PM

I will post a still pic of the that area, it is a much larger drop than appreciated on video. I walked the course that morning and was suprised about how much elevation change there is.

I can't think of a worse thing to do is to come down off that hill (which makes the back tires get light), abruptlly let off the throttle (shifting weight forward, again making back tires light) and begin to turn (increase the lateral accelaration, on back tires that are already light).

I then over corrected, as soon as the steering wheel stop turning, I thought "explictive" I over corrected, so I immediately started turning back, a touch too late and a too much.

I am glad I can "practice" on the track, in case I do something happens on the road I hopefully will be better prepared.

Look forward to track day in Aug.

DAVID GAGNARD 06-30-2011 01:19 PM

Really nice video, looks to be a very good camera........
Boy,I was lost "on track" as having never run Hallet clockwise....

For those that haven't seen the track, the video doesn't really show the degree of elevation changes,there is plenty and it's a challenging track as well as a ton of fun..........

David

Jimbocobra 07-02-2011 03:48 PM

Cool video! Thanks for posting. I appreciate the part in the grass, I ended up there as well at Gingerman Raceway at the Motor State Challenge - my first time on the track, I wish I had a video... I'd call it "The world's most expensive lawnmower".

Tulsa cobra 07-03-2011 08:03 AM

I glad it was just grass, there is a huge metal drain grate about 6 feet infront of that, and on the video, you can see a large divot of grass and dirt being flipped up. Glad my tires didn't dig in and roll.

Going again in Aug. Hopefully, less exciting video.