Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   All Racing Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-racing-talk/)
-   -   Watts Link or Panhard Bar...what do you think? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-racing-talk/69315-watts-link-panhard-bar-what-do-you-think.html)

OZCOBRA 11-18-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Kirkham (Post 635255)
No our cars have an IRS rear suspension and the Mumford, Watts, etc only work with live rear ends. The Boss 429 show car that Ford built a few years ago had one, Superformance's Lotus 7 inspired car, and of course Mallock cars run Mumford links. It would be great to hear of any other cars using this system.

Tom,

750HP(Craig)...Runs the Mumford setup on his cobra from memory.....And was pretty clued up on it so I'm sure his input would be worth while!!

Paul

ratsnst1 11-18-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clois Harlan (Post 635256)
Jason and Rich,

Thank you both for your input and links. In my case budget is always a concern but I like to go for the best set up I can afford even if it means waiting a little longer. Also, I have found that hurried decisions tend to be re-thought, many times driving up the cost of a project. The two or three vendors I have checked with selling Pan Hard bars and/or Watts Link are not that far away in price actually.

Clois

I also have a 4 bar set up but the upper bars are traingulated, sorry about spelling, meaning off set, there for , from what the suspension pros are telling me I do not need a panhard bar or watts set up, please chime in guys, are your upper bars pointed from the frame outward towards the tires, or are the both paralell to one another. thanks guys.

COBRANIP 11-18-2009 11:42 PM

On the Herb/Matt Adams Satchel (sp) Link the upper bars "point inwards". That is the mounting points on the axle are directly above lower bars mounting points but angle towards the transmission tunnel for the frame piviot/mounting points. Angle is 30 degrees from a line parallel to the center line of the car. (Axle mounting point wide; frame mounting point narrow.) No panhard bar or watts link.
Hope this helps.