Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Antique & Collectibles (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/antique-collectibles/)
-   -   Header and Exhaust A&C vs Vintage Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/antique-collectibles/143387-header-exhaust-c-vs-vintage-wheels.html)

1BIG67AC 03-19-2020 11:51 AM

Header and Exhaust A&C vs Vintage Wheels

Gents
With all the crap going on in the world today, I'm still plugging away at my Cobra. Just wanting to know if there is a differents between these Cobra exhaust. One is from A&C the other is from Vintage wheels. They look alike from what I see. Is one better than the other or should I stick with the on from A&C. Ive seen some A&Cs with the side pipes pointing straight down to the ground, which I do not like and others pointing out to the side like they should. Let me know if I'm missing something here. Also mine is a SB 302 with Aluminum heads. Let me know which is best before I order. Links below.

Antique & Collectible Autos :: 67 Roadster
https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.ph...dex&cPath=33_6

Ct_Cobra 03-19-2020 07:18 PM

I have the A & C headers and side pipes. Had them high temperature coated after I got it all to fit. You can see pictures in my profile. Haven’t had it running yet but they seem to be well made.

1BIG67AC 03-21-2020 10:13 AM

I called Vintage Wheels and the guy that I spoke to told me that the side pipes will work on our A&C Cobras. He also told me that they are made somewhere in Nebraska. I tried calling Sonny at A&C and they are closed down until further notice due to the Covid-19. Hopefully I will get an answer in a few weeks from Sonny. :JEKYLHYDE:cool:

saltshaker 03-21-2020 11:54 AM

A&C gets their sidepipes from the same supplier in Nebraska as does Shell Valley
Jon

jkilstrom 03-23-2020 07:49 AM

Hi, during my build I researched parts and found that A&C, Vintage Wheels and Shell Valley get there parts from International Wholesale (wholesalehotrod.com) which has the same address as Shell Valley. You may want to check out Finish Line they have header/side pipe flanges for 2" pipes. Will eliminate exhaust leaks. Good luck John

1BIG67AC 03-23-2020 11:53 AM

I check the prices between Vintage and A&C and A&C is a couple hundred bucks cheaper. But A&C is out due to the Covid-19, closed until further notice, their out of New York. I also checked out wholesale hot rod and I see no prices, guess i have to call them for prices. Ill check out Finshline for the Header Sidepipe Flange. I was already thinking of doing that to my exhaust anyway.

jkilstrom 03-23-2020 01:03 PM

Hi again, check Shell Valley for prices, they'er much lower. Same parts as Wholesale hot rod. Compare the part numbers. Enjoy your build.

1BIG67AC 03-26-2020 07:35 PM

This is what I found out. Shell Valley and wholesale hot rod are in fact the same company. At least the address is the same. I’m going to order the pipe tomorrow after a few calls. Thanks for the help.

1BIG67AC 03-29-2020 01:08 PM

Ordered the exhaust system and a few other things from Shell Valley. Good people to deal with as well. I will order more from them as well. :3DSMILE:

VOKS7780 04-22-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BIG67AC (Post 1474052)
Ordered the exhaust system and a few other things from Shell Valley. Good people to deal with as well. I will order more from them as well. :3DSMILE:

Just curious if you had the chance to install them. If so how easy/difficulty was it. I just ordered a complete set for my A&C with 351.