Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-10-2007, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for a Body Shop

Does anyone know of a good body shop in the Rochester area ? I live in Rochester, New York and I am looking for a shop that knows what it's doing and can assemble the car for me . I got the kit last year (Factory Five Racing Mark 3 roadster) and changed jobs so I don't have the time to work on it as planned . Also does anyone know a good engine shop in the area ?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hey 66,
Welcome and congrats on your first post. You are just starting on the build from what I see here and although I offer no recommendations to shops (you are way out of my neck of the woods) others with lots of experience and more local will help you. Maybe just semantics but you want a Builder not a body shop.
In your short post I read it to mean you are desiring Assembly more than BODY work and if I am right maybe a push to another direction would help you. If you need the panels fitted and installed then a body shop is out of their comfort zone. A Race Fabrication or Chassis shop if not a FFR builder is a better direction. Fitting panels and tin work are things you could do yourself with time permitting but it does take Skill or experience that a Builder or Fab shop already has not to mention the tools of the trade. If you did it yourself there is a learning curve on anything and you would not be very quick at first either. Tin work can be a work of art and done FAST by a Pro. If you are paying for the work then you do want a Pro and Pro results and speed.
After assembly and at a level of bodywork and paint then get her back to the Pros that are in that trade. Engine work is another trade so on the right track there. A builder would have skills to do many of the trades or have a tradesman for each task. I made a few assumptions here and hope I am going in right direction for you but did it trying to help and heart was in the right place anyway. It will all be worth a great deal when you finally get to drive your new Baby.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Is Batavia to far for you if not I may know some one that does a lot of turn key cobras including paint

Last edited by eddytheb; 08-11-2007 at 09:14 AM..
Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...ser=24144&sl=e
Old 08-18-2007, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C , 466 Ford, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     

Did you find a shop to help you out?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Angry Batavia

I think I know the shop you are talking about on rte 63 and main st. and there is no way in hell I would trust them to do my car. I have talked to previous customers and other business that they screwed over . Thanks anyways but I would sooner light my car on fire and watch it slowly burn then let them touch it.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Sam

No I am still looking for a trust worthy shop that will do this kind of work . I called a couple of shops today and I will look into them as soon as I can . They are located in Elma NY Muscle Car Alley and Fineline Collision in East Aurora . I heard good things about both of them so far .
Old 08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow
Old 08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C , 466 Ford, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     
Default ???About your project

Your Kit being a FFR did you order all new components or do you have a Mustang that will be used for the parts? Are you looking to have the car built to turn-key completion? Are you insistant on a shop assembling the car or would you consider an individual? Sam
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Ask again at FFCobra.com instead of the A&C section here. There are lots of NY FFR owners I'm sure.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Looking to have a turnkey when done

I have mostly new components but some are used from a parts mustang. Right now it's a rolling chassis and a basement full of parts. I would like to have this a turnkey when it comes out of the garage (I hope by next summer). Wifes getting after me to get it finished or get it out of the garage. I have too much money invested to just let it go the way it is. Plus I've alway wanted a Corba and don't want to just give up and sell it. I would love to blow a couple of vettes off the road next year.
I did find a great place to have my engine done so I am all set with that part.
Also I am sorry about the out burst regarding the shop in Batavia , but I almost got taken and I get a little upset when I here of a places like this. I just hope that no one else gets screwed over by these guys. Sometimes I forget that there are places out there like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: